Too much flow?

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a hygger 1600gph powerhead to my FLuval 13.5 and curious if this is too much flow for the Acan and the GSP? Its on the lowest setting it has aswell. The acan is also not directly in the current but behind a rock. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240413_163603.mp4
    1.1 MB
  • 20240413_163556.mp4
    1.1 MB

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a hygger 1600gph powerhead to my FLuval 13.5 and curious if this is too much flow for the Acan and the GSP? Its on the lowest setting it has aswell. The acan is also not directly in the current but behind a rock. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Love to give an opinion but can’t play it. Recommend converting in YouTube like so many of us do.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the placement of the powerhead. My Hector's goby isn't a fan from what I noticed.
1713041544040.png

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the placement of the powerhead. My Hector's goby isn't a fan from what I noticed.
1713041544040.png
My Hector spends much of its time in the rocks. And I’d say the Acans/Micromussa would probably appreciate the flow to be a bit less. GSP is fine. I’d say getting a pump rated for about half that might be better in such a small tank. Micros like gentler flow for sure.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hector spends much of its time in the rocks. And I’d say the Acans/Micromussa would probably appreciate the flow to be a bit less. GSP is fine. I’d say getting a pump rated for about half that might be better in such a small tank. Micros like gentler flow for sure.
So I did move the powerhead upwards a little bit, seems to be less direct on the acan, but still covers the gsp.

If the flow is too much, I can probably find another one, should also add im running a sicce .5 and a VCA RFG already.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did move the powerhead upwards a little bit, seems to be less direct on the acan, but still covers the gsp.

If the flow is too much, I can probably find another one, should also add im running a sicce .5 and a VCA RFG already.

Yeah the that does look better.

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's what the whole tank looks like with the new wavemaker. Very happy with the movement of the tank so far. Curious if the clowns need less flow though?

OP
OP
AyoItsRocco

AyoItsRocco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Hygger lasted a solid week before getting the Error 7 and wouldn't start again. Just got my SLW-10 in and hoping it lasts more than a week.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back