• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Top lids what is going on with them

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed a order Nov 4 and communication was ok not the best but ok up until they told me they would send me a picture and that my kid would be complete and shipped last week then all lines of communication goes silent anyone have any idea what’s going on or did I get scammed ?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not familiar, but looks like you aren't alone

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then why are they still aloud to be a sponsor and why is Devin @reefdudes And Vic at wwc promoting them ?

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to give the company the benefit of the doubt but how can these guys endorse this company if this is the experience

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had a great experience with kraken on a build and then these guys where recommended by some of the top names in the industry .It was a custom lid so there was some time it would take and close to the holidays so like I said I did not mind being patient but it seems like now I get a run around vendor did just text me back and said they would get me a picture they are checking on it right now so we will see

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 lids from them no issues. Sometimes they consider “shipped” as a label being created and this does create a little bit of a timeframe SNAFU, however isn’t. UPS I believe picks up once a week, several at a time. Who have you been in contact with? Tyler?

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what’s going on with them has it always been like this are they going defunct or something

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange. My order took just under 2 months from order to ship date last spring. Still a long time but not this long.

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted one of there lids for my business but unless they make it right I cannot at this time recommend them to clients

OP
OP
Richard baker

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After speaking with Tyler I feel that they are going to make this right . And the issue mainly is they are just extremely busy because they make such a wonderful product and that was not him making excuses or anything that was just my take on the conversation he did address some communication concerns and I feel like he is going above and beyond at this point to correct it .

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, this is Tyler, CEO of Top Lids.

First of all, @Richard baker Thanks very much for letting me know, and I'm glad we could chat directly over the phone for a few mins. Right after I send this msg I'm heading to a team meeting to get you the update pictures of your project.

Looking over this order, I will transparently say as the owner that there were some communication challenges with Richard's order already. Namely that the cadence of updates to Richard wasn't timely.

I say this just so that everyone knows why Richard reached in this way on Reef2Reef, which in my opinion is completely justified looking at his order. After talking with him, he's not the type of person to say things like this without a reason. He's very easy to work with. I'll be taking over his order personally to be sure everything is perfectly smooth.

As we help more and more of you, work on new products etc, we will inevitably hit some challenges with growth. While it's not "acceptable", it's reality. What we strive to do is 1) put in systems and go the extra mile so that they get fixed immediately, and 2) take every case and work individually with each client on a case by case basis until they're more than happy with everything they've received. Just like we're doing with Richard here. Only Richard will be able to tell us if we've achieved this at the end.

Richard, I'll give you a ring here shortly for an accurate ETA update as everything with your project is all approved already, and will shoot you the update pictures of your lid cut here shortly as well.

Thanks guys, feel free to DM us with questions as my partner Freddy and I are monitoring Reef2Reef DM's personally.

Cheers and To Your Success,
- Tyler Moon
CEO @ Top Lids

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took 3 months for my lid to arrive. In between that time frame I was contacted couple times for an update on the progress of my lid via text and phone calls. It arrived with no issues other than the 2 custom doors not sitting flushed unless I push it in real hard.

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took 3 months for my lid to arrive. In between that time frame I was contacted couple times for an update on the progress of my lid via text and phone calls. It arrived with no issues other than the 2 custom doors not sitting flushed unless I push it in real hard.
Thanks very much for this feedback @codenfx, I'm going to DM you now to investigate this feed door issue now.

- Tyler

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone good evening,

This is Tyler with Top Lids. Happy Friday and hope you had a great week.

We're excited to announce something new for all of our clients, Top Lids Project Updates! Now every Friday, we are creating a system that will send email updates to all of our clients on their lid progress through production. This update will always include:
  • What step your lid is in our production process
  • Estimated time until shipping
  • Any other specific details you should know about your project
We want to thank @Richard baker for the back and forth we've had through text making sure this system is going smooth for him, and for being vocal about how he felt about the previous process (everything can use improvement).

For now this process is manual. In the coming weeks, it will be automated so we can spend all our time working on artwork for your tanks.

Have a blessed weekend and more to come soon. We will start being more active on Reef2Reef soon

To Your Success,
- Tyler Moon
CEO @ Top Lids

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back