Torch color / bleached?

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a salvage torch a few weeks ago, and it seeems to be doing ok.
I wondering if it might have been bleached a bit previously, as it has some green colors at the bottom of it's polyps.

20210224_180215.jpg

20210224_180146.jpg

It's not completely healthy looking yet, but wondering if it should be that green everywhere with white(ish) tips?

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a salvage torch a few weeks ago, and it seeems to be doing ok.
I wondering if it might have been bleached a bit previously, as it has some green colors at the bottom of it's polyps.

20210224_180215.jpg

20210224_180146.jpg

It's not completely healthy looking yet, but wondering if it should be that green everywhere with white(ish) tips?
Sometimes at least from my experience, some torches can have green mouths (kinda like yours) and that doesn’t typically spread up the tentacles. I also know sometimes they can bleach and the color should get better with time if it’s bleached or not!

OP
OP
K

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes at least from my experience, some torches can have green mouths (kinda like yours) and that doesn’t typically spread up the tentacles. I also know sometimes they can bleach and the color should get better with time if it’s bleached or not!
I have no experience in bleached corals ( any experience in corals at all ), and only seenn severely bleached examples. Just wondering if it looks a bit bleached?
The tips seems thin and elongated, so hard to tell if it's just the white tips, or color missing from the polyps?

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience in bleached corals ( any experience in corals at all ), and only seenn severely bleached examples. Just wondering if it looks a bit bleached?
The tips seems thin and elongated, so hard to tell if it's just the white tips, or color missing from the polyps?
It may have a little bleaching at the tips it appears to be IMO. In my opinion. It could just have a whiter fade to it at the tips of the tentacles. Sometimes colors will fade or shift up the tentacles like that. I’d just keep eyes on it and see if it gets better or worse before confirming or denying it’s bleaching! :) keep us posted just tag me when u update or have any news!!

OP
OP
K

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may have a little bleaching at the tips it appears to be IMO. In my opinion. It could just have a whiter fade to it at the tips of the tentacles. Sometimes colors will fade or shift up the tentacles like that. I’d just keep eyes on it and see if it gets better or worse before confirming or denying it’s bleaching! :) keep us posted just tag me when u update or have any news!!
It looked like this when I got it. Only one head a little open, with half an inch polyps.
It already looks alot better.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back