Torch coral help

Mikee3y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a torch, it’s open but it’s not fully extended. Can anyone help me? Everything else is doing great, fully opened and extended. Water params are great and stable too.
Salinity - 36.2 ppt
Calc - 450
Magnesium - 1400
Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0.02
Phos - 0.33ppm
Alk - 182

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid isn’t loading on my end, can you upload a pic.
How long have you had it? My guess is it’s just stressed from transport and being in a new environment. Make sure to keep it in moderate flow and moderate light and it should bounce back in a few days.
Do you mean that your nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 0.02? Because you want to have some nitrate and no nitrite.

OP
OP
M

Mikee3y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it? My guess is it’s just stressed from transport and being in a new environment. Make sure to keep it in moderate flow and moderate light and it should bounce back in a few days.
Do you mean that your nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 0.02? Because you want to have some nitrate and no nitrite.
I’ve had it since October 1

OP
OP
M

Mikee3y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD596DBC-E517-4CDB-911F-C2A56365365E.png

OP
OP
M

Mikee3y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn’t too bad, looks like my euphilia when stressed. As long as it doesn’t recede until the skeleton and the flesh around the skeleton stays there, it’s in good condition.
It receded and the spikey skeleton part showed twice but it only stayed like that for 5-10 minutes then it puffs back up but not fully extended. That’s normal right? Cause I was moving it

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It receded and the spikey skeleton part showed twice but it only stayed like that for 5-10 minutes then it puffs back up but not fully extended. That’s normal right? Cause I was moving it
If that happened while being moved then it’s fine.
If it shows like that all the time it is a sign of disease, but briefly due to stress is completely normal.

OP
OP
M

Mikee3y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that happened while being moved then it’s fine.
If it shows like that all the time it is a sign of disease, but briefly due to stress is completely normal.
I figured it might also because of the flow. So currently my ai wm are at 855gph. Is the enough? Or too slow? I have a reefer 170

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it might also because of the flow. So currently my ai wm are at 855gph. Is the enough? Or too slow? I have a reefer 170
I barely know the specs for pumps/wave makers, so I cannot comment on specifics there. What I would say is that as long as you are seeing some movement of tentacles, it is ok. Just nothing violent where it’s struggling to go up straight, and nothing too calm where it isn’t moving at all…if that makes sense.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back