Torch looking weird

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water flow is good I run the nyos 160 skimmer I run a sump with algae's chemicals are always in check. Calcium is at 560 like always. He has been fine forever torches in the back are happy.
Keep a close eye on them as they may react to the same thing your other torch is stressed about I really suggest you put it in an isolation tank even if it's a 10 gallon with a back filter you can medicate and look for potential new sand bugs and larvae you do not have bristle worms I hope

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully a MOD can clean this thread up. Tim butler your throwing so much info that doesn't make sense. Perhaps that's why the OP stopped posting in here.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, we've had a few threads like this recently...
I agree maybe mods can help clean this thread up a little?

What are your parameters? "Stable" and "good" can mean different things. That calcium does sound pretty high though.
Could it possibly just be passing waste?

OP
OP
Shaddow_wolf169

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the bubble look like this?
d016823a8af26d341321e0fc9e4f8728.jpg
kind of but it was the whole thing.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully a MOD can clean this thread up. Tim butler your throwing so much info that doesn't make sense. Perhaps that's why the OP stopped posting in here.
I'm trying to give you my experiences through the past 15-plus years reefing you won't tell me the size of tank you won't tell me what filter you have your parts protein skimmer from what you have said isn't working properly if you doubt my words go ask your Coral dealer why you asking here he should be the one to help you out I don't I research I know what I'm going to buy before I get it and it's going to be comply about with all other corals and invertebrates in the tank that come from the same place using the same watered they're used to by the salinity I keep my pH at 8.4 you can buy this you can put the whole container in the tank and it will not go lower than 8.4 I don't know else you want you won't tell me anything that I asked you so it's hard to know I do know you need an isolation tank ask your coral reef dealer about that number one rule reefing always use an isolation tank for anything going in your Reef this is your best stance at controlling disease pasts larva and worms so if you wouldn't mind filling in the amount your tank is what kind of refugium or filtration system you're using by the way you talked about your protein skimmer it's not working correctly most of that can be controlled directly by head pressure the amount of water on top of the power head is head pressure do you know any of this how long have you been in reefing I have from my last tank corals you cannot buy anymore so where I buy my corals from they buy my rare Coral and resell it I have very good reproduction budding and splitting corals for other individuals and pet store I get all my reef Coral anything from I always Google it first

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to give you my experiences through the past 15-plus years reefing you won't tell me the size of tank you won't tell me what filter you have your parts protein skimmer from what you have said isn't working properly if you doubt my words go ask your Coral dealer why you asking here he should be the one to help you out I don't I research I know what I'm going to buy before I get it and it's going to be comply about with all other corals and invertebrates in the tank that come from the same place using the same watered they're used to by the salinity I keep my pH at 8.4 you can buy this you can put the whole container in the tank and it will not go lower than 8.4 I don't know else you want you won't tell me anything that I asked you so it's hard to know I do know you need an isolation tank ask your coral reef dealer about that number one rule reefing always use an isolation tank for anything going in your Reef this is your best stance at controlling disease pasts larva and worms so if you wouldn't mind filling in the amount your tank is what kind of refugium or filtration system you're using by the way you talked about your protein skimmer it's not working correctly most of that can be controlled directly by head pressure the amount of water on top of the power head is head pressure do you know any of this how long have you been in reefing I have from my last tank corals you cannot buy anymore so where I buy my corals from they buy my rare Coral and resell it I have very good reproduction budding and splitting corals for other individuals and pet store I get all my reef Coral anything from I always Google it first
Always isolate for at least 10 days any new edition to your tank it is the number one way you can prevent a total loss of corals due to disease Critters worms you name it it will save you from ever putting it in your brilliant and spectacularly built Aquarium

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, we've had a few threads like this recently...
I agree maybe mods can help clean this thread up a little?

What are your parameters? "Stable" and "good" can mean different things. That calcium does sound pretty high though.
Could it possibly just be passing waste?
If you don't want to see my answer go by it don't look it's your privilege as an American citizen no mod 15 years of experience in reef tank specializing in LPS now going to sps

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want to see my answer go by it don't look it's your privilege as an American citizen no mod 15 years of experience in reef tank specializing in LPS now going to sps
Back in 2000 I started this I accumulated many rare corals that now you cannot possess unless it's aquacultured I specialize in this what do you do

OP
OP
Shaddow_wolf169

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always isolate for at least 10 days any new edition to your tank it is the number one way you can prevent a total loss of corals due to disease Critters worms you name it it will save you from ever putting it in your brilliant and spectacularly built Aquarium
My tank is 125g plus a 40g fuge. I always did my corals the torch has been in there for month and a 1/2

14959428790141837981947.jpg

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not your lack of ability to give any information about your tank gallons filtration obviously protein skimmers not working by what you said and you don't know that you change your water every two weeks unheard of your pet store will tell you that is way too long 10% every week or 20% every other week your nitrates are high they should be no higher than three but they allow it to go to 5 I hold mine at zero nitrates and ammonia 500 calcium eight for alkalinity protein skimmer dosing pumps a calcium reactor I have a lot information you just need to know how to phrase your questions and maybe answer one just saying maybe you'll have less if you tell people what you have it's hard to guess I'm doing 150 gallons

John Gemmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay not a pro like him but love torches
Mine seem to do that every now and then but seems like the one is not happy with where it is.. If all parameters are on.. Like someone said 560 could be high on calcium but not really.. I heard people that DONT do water changes and have awesome tanks.. So i don't think that last an issue if all other coral is okay.. I would maybe move around a little and see if it acts any better.. Good luck and good luck getting ur post back..

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need an mod you need to burp 5 me with facts you do not tell me how much many gallon tank you have kind of filter the amount of water it holds your protein skimmer is not working and your water changes are way too far apart ask your Coral dealer he will tell you the same things I'm telling you I've been doing this for 15 plus years my breed rare corals that not cannot be collected anymore I awkward aquaculture these four the store I get my Coral from they love it and some of the people from their business that I would trust to keep these corals alive I go look at all their tanks before my Coral goes in it and if you don't have an isolation tank you might as well just put a bullet to the side of your head and pull the trigger you never know when a disease is going to pop up bad worm infestation do you have lots of problems your nitrates are too high should be zero but they will alette 5 parts per million I don't follow that rule I do zero fill me in with some information so I can make a decision do you have dosing pumps I do have a carbon reactor I do I have a protein skimmer I know it was working properly and I always fish invertebrate or Coral 10 day isolation mandatory you break that rule you take a chance of losing your whole tank just on something cool that was at the pet store I've seen it many many times so this is the last time I'm going to post here if you want to fill me in with some of that information maybe I can help you but your real help sounds like it's going to come from the person that's dealing your Coral is he doing it correctly is he getting it from reputable companies is it aquacultured or wild caught I could go on and on but I bet you won't answer one of these questions

Goslugsgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, calcium is high, but the torch has been in his care for 1 1/2 months. If it was responding to the calcium I would have expected it to react much sooner.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Troll,;Cyclops...;Vulcan

I'd do water changes.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in 2000 I started this I accumulated many rare corals that now you cannot possess unless it's aquacultured I specialize in this what do you do
I bought them when they were legal now that coral reefs are dying and being stripped a lot of corals have disappeared aqua culturing new reefs in the ocean from reef tank aquarium AZ they hope will repopulate Coral populations that have been devastated so you can purchase these legally aquaculture bud and split all my corals they buy them back they're good corals and they can't get ahold of them and they refer me to people who want some before I sell them anything I go and look at their tank and make sure it's going to make it I will not put up Lac of common knowledge Googling everything you put in your tank where it's from how much light it needs per day I use only Rodi water for topping off and mixing salts for the tank true facts here I hope you out that torch coral is stressed and if it's the water qualities passing it on your other Hammer corals are in trouble if this is due to a disease like the one guy said you can watered it be very careful it is a proven method but you have to be very very careful only touched the exoskeleton to the freshwater and none of the flesh or it will be hanging onto dear life I hope you learn something I'm I'll send you some pictures of some open and closed brains my tank is off right now I can't show you my sweet Coral so if you can give me some specifics about your tank maybe I can help you without running in the walls that you keep putting up in front of me

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought them when they were legal now that coral reefs are dying and being stripped a lot of corals have disappeared aqua culturing new reefs in the ocean from reef tank aquarium AZ they hope will repopulate Coral populations that have been devastated so you can purchase these legally aquaculture bud and split all my corals they buy them back they're good corals and they can't get ahold of them and they refer me to people who want some before I sell them anything I go and look at their tank and make sure it's going to make it I will not put up Lac of common knowledge Googling everything you put in your tank where it's from how much light it needs per day I use only Rodi water for topping off and mixing salts for the tank true facts here I hope you out that torch coral is stressed and if it's the water qualities passing it on your other Hammer corals are in trouble if this is due to a disease like the one guy said you can watered it be very careful it is a proven method but you have to be very very careful only touched the exoskeleton to the freshwater and none of the flesh or it will be hanging onto dear life I hope you learn something I'm I'll send you some pictures of some open and closed brains my tank is off right now I can't show you my sweet Coral so if you can give me some specifics about your tank maybe I can help you without running in the walls that you keep putting up in front of me
Are you arguing with yourself?
Cant seem to quite understand where this thread is going, productively wise.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back