Torch looking weird

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how this whole post is helping hahaha torch is starting to get back to normal.

20170527_193534.jpg
It just needed a taking to.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you arguing with yourself?
Cant seem to quite understand where this thread is going, productively wise.
Me either because I'd love to pick somebody's head that has as much knowledge about breeding rare corals but most people on here aer Clueless I want to pick some buddies brain I do it all day I hang out and learn about corals say about me what you want does not hurt me one bit it only shows your unintelligence to become informed because when I started I used a very author Authority in reef tank he taught me a lot the number one Rule diss kids violating number one rule isolate quarantine tank any half brain it would would know that but I guess he doesn't and he has certainly doesn't know how much to change his water he has no idea how to run his protein skimmer he has too much nitrates in his tank I run dosing pumps to protein skimmers a refugium filter in a dry wet filter carbon dioxide carbon calcium filters if I had access to that kind of information I first started out with I would take every word of it but you guys obviously do what you want to do and I'm just going to laugh because everything you say goes against most of reef tanking so maybe you should take a look in the mirror and you'll see the problems somebody unwilling to hear or maybe even try a new idea I just started using highly refined carb carbon filter it's a liquid 4 milliliters a day your water is cleaner than you'll ever know I didn't know that till two months ago you think I took that information I sure did I ran with it I got some of the cleanest water in Michigan and am a respected Coral reproducer can you say that now I can

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me either because I'd love to pick somebody's head that has as much knowledge about breeding rare corals but most people on here aer Clueless I want to pick some buddies brain I do it all day I hang out and learn about corals say about me what you want does not hurt me one bit it only shows your unintelligence to become informed because when I started I used a very author Authority in reef tank he taught me a lot the number one Rule diss kids violating number one rule isolate quarantine tank any half brain it would would know that but I guess he doesn't and he has certainly doesn't know how much to change his water he has no idea how to run his protein skimmer he has too much nitrates in his tank I run dosing pumps to protein skimmers a refugium filter in a dry wet filter carbon dioxide carbon calcium filters if I had access to that kind of information I first started out with I would take every word of it but you guys obviously do what you want to do and I'm just going to laugh because everything you say goes against most of reef tanking so maybe you should take a look in the mirror and you'll see the problems somebody unwilling to hear or maybe even try a new idea I just started using highly refined carb carbon filter it's a liquid 4 milliliters a day your water is cleaner than you'll ever know I didn't know that till two months ago you think I took that information I sure did I ran with it I got some of the cleanest water in Michigan and am a respected Coral reproducer can you say that now I can
Cool. Start a thread on it.
No need to berate anyone who disagrees

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Start a thread on it.
No need to berate anyone who disagrees
Let's do it and teach some young kids things I don't know I tried LED lights big failure back to metal halides but this new refugium filter is awesome so I'll just sit back with the blue lights on watch my corals shine back at me and enjoy every minute of it I wish you could too

Oohkris123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's do it and teach some young kids things I don't know I tried LED lights big failure

I've had great success with LED, I've gotten so much growth, color, and all my corals and fish are thriving under LED.
My light is a 18" Current USA Orbit Marine light and my tank is a fluval spec v with stock filtration and 600 rio pump

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great success with LED, I've gotten so much growth, color, and all my corals and fish are thriving under LED.
My light is a 18" Current USA Orbit Marine light and my tank is a fluval spec v with stock filtration and 600 rio pump
Unfortunately I tried to Fluval 25000 k lights they don't give off the right amount for the coral growth is I had under metal halide so I went back I know well leave these cost a lot less to run and you can use them for 15 years but I tried and I tried had to move things all around the tank find new spots because I'm going from a LPS to a SPS tank learning lots of new things one of them they don't like LED lights they gave me this wi-fi timer Howard the fixtures bye the percent of power provided to the lamp I just saw less growth now that my metal halides are back I'm back to Growing rapidly and the SPs is starting to work they burned underneath LEDs I hope yours is successful you sound like you have a nice tank is it a reef tank a fish tank a reef fish I have 150 gallon with a refugium filter and a wet dry filter two protein skimmers calcium reactors powerheads that simulate waves but I've been trying to communicate with this kid on this site he does not know what an isolation tank is and what will happen if you do not use it I've seen too many tank failures reefs just die off because of one Coral introduced with the disease was not isolated isolate everything for 10 days fish inverts and coral what are you do I also aquaculture Coral but it split it I reproduce a lot of rare corals for pet stores around here corals that you're no longer legal to obtain from other than an aquaculture if they came to my house I have to prove to him that I had possession before they became a protected species and I have the receipts let me hear something about your tank I'm tired of hearing everybody tell me I'm stupid and don't know what I'm doing I've been doing this since 2000

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light is a 18" Current USA OrbiMarine light and my tank is a fluval spec v with stock filtration and 600 rio pump
Yeah I tried the LEDs for the Heat that it doesn't put out I just took pictures from my metal halide days and compare them to my LEDs and I saw a bigger girl coral color becoming a full live Coral I lost all my yes pieces pasta lot of SPS corals due to too much intense lighting from the diodes right now before I switch back I was running one at 30% power and the other at 10 K actinic all day long I did see some good things about it they try to give me a timer that was a Wi-Fi if you couldn't program it it wouldn't work the place I bought the lights in the timer from they couldn't do it I called Fluval they wouldn't tell me to do it so I gave up you want some LED lights

OP
OP
Shaddow_wolf169

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I tried to Fluval 25000 k lights they don't give off the right amount for the coral growth is I had under metal halide so I went back I know well leave these cost a lot less to run and you can use them for 15 years but I tried and I tried had to move things all around the tank find new spots because I'm going from a LPS to a SPS tank learning lots of new things one of them they don't like LED lights they gave me this wi-fi timer Howard the fixtures bye the percent of power provided to the lamp I just saw less growth now that my metal halides are back I'm back to Growing rapidly and the SPs is starting to work they burned underneath LEDs I hope yours is successful you sound like you have a nice tank is it a reef tank a fish tank a reef fish I have 150 gallon with a refugium filter and a wet dry filter two protein skimmers calcium reactors powerheads that simulate waves but I've been trying to communicate with this kid on this site he does not know what an isolation tank is and what will happen if you do not use it I've seen too many tank failures reefs just die off because of one Coral introduced with the disease was not isolated isolate everything for 10 days fish inverts and coral what are you do I also aquaculture Coral but it split it I reproduce a lot of rare corals for pet stores around here corals that you're no longer legal to obtain from other than an aquaculture if they came to my house I have to prove to him that I had possession before they became a protected species and I have the receipts let me hear something about your tank I'm tired of hearing everybody tell me I'm stupid and don't know what I'm doing I've been doing this since 2000
Dude your a joke seriously I'm not a kid either. It really show the lack of experience when one coral is show ill effects and you bring up anemones and filtration. I asked a simple question and you turned my post into a joke. Believe it or not you didn't even help sorry.

Oohkris123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank:
Fluval Spec V
Light: 18" orbit usa marine light
Filtration: stock sponge, stock bio media, purigen, and filter floss
Pump: 600 rio

Corals:
10+ of different zoas
Frogspawn
Hammer
Mushroom
Xenias
Green polyp toadstool
Cadycane
Entrusting monti
Acan
Maxi mini anemone
Purple gorgonian
Blastos

Livestock:
Yellow watchman goby
Tiger pistol shrimp
3 scarlet hermits
2 margaritas snails
1 turbo snail

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are a LOT of knowledgable people here. That's why R2R is constantly growing.
There's no need to question anyone's intelligence, especially when is over something that is subjective. R2R is a place for everyone to have their say be able to without keyboard warriors trying to get under their skin. This is a community, not a ghetto.
10-20% weekly water changes aren't a rule anymore. There are thousands of beautiful tanks full of beautiful and heathy livestock that don't change any water at all.
He doesn't have too many nitrates, a bit of nitrate and phosphate is seen as a good thing. Corals are believed by many to NEED these nutrients to grow and be the healthiest they can be. If I remember correctly, OP said ~5nitrate?

There's a million ways to run a successful reef tank. Your way isn't the only way that works...

Oohkris123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I tried the LEDs for the Heat that it doesn't put out I just took pictures from my metal halide days and compare them to my LEDs and I saw a bigger girl coral color becoming a full live Coral I lost all my yes pieces pasta lot of SPS corals due to too much intense lighting from the diodes right now before I switch back I was running one at 30% power and the other at 10 K actinic all day long I did see some good things about it they try to give me a timer that was a Wi-Fi if you couldn't program it it wouldn't work the place I bought the lights in the timer from they couldn't do it I called Fluval they wouldn't tell me to do it so I gave up you want some LED lights
Yeah we can work something out...just pm/ message me

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if your torch got a piece of food jammed up? The only thing I can think of (clearly your tank is maturing well - nice FTS by the way, going to be a bute) is that the fleshy tissue was going wild because it had indigestion. I've seen euphyllia/duncans do weird stuff when they eat. I call it their pooping face (wish I knew how to use all those cool emojis in here :eek: )

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a calcium reactor dosing two dosing pumps 4 water quality one of this new product that's a very activated liquid carbon it makes your tank look crystal clear it's unbelievable it polishes the water better high protein skimmers
Dude your a joke seriously I'm not a kid either. It really show the lack of experience when one coral is show ill effects and you bring up anemones and filtration. I asked a simple question and you turned my post into a joke. Believe it or not you didn't even help sorry.
Come take a look at my tank buddy I have it insured for $20,000 I'm sure you're probably just a frag person it's so you got to tell me L LPS SPS IPS I have no idea what you trying to grow I will tell you LED lights up never use them I did that went back to metal halide saved a lot of energy and a lot of heat wasn't worth the girl--the I was not getting I love to experiment with this is my passion I'm looking to gain a job and aquaculture at 8 Coral wholesaler I have some appointment set up and I can't wait to see you. What culture system besides my 150 gallon tank and my 300 gallon tank I take every bit of information I can possibly get and I will Google it I will search it I will find out if it's a fact or not do not grow corals from different regions of the world and obviously on this site you guys have no idea what a isolation tank it is or about I Can Only Imagine your tank LOL algae

Oohkris123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I also reproduce corals that you're not allowed to own because they're protected species I got them before they were now I make a fortune off of breeding I bet you don't have the brain to do that make your passion payable fools
We don't do this to get our money back or make a profit out of it. We do it because it helps us and because we love this hobby.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back