rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

Got a question. I have had this torch for over 3
90CAF45B-59D1-45CC-8102-5794A3703F16.jpeg
months. The first picture is how my torch looked 2 weeks ago. it is hard to tell in the photo but it had red, yellows, and greens. The last 7 to 10 days it’s been much darker. Still seems to open up as much as before but no color. Everything else in the tank looks great, and good parameters. Feeding 3x week with AB+, live phytoplankton, reef roids.

salinity 1.026
Alk 8.5-8.7
Clac 425-445
Mag 1350
Phos 0.03-0.06
Nitrate 0.1 - 0.25

Any suggestions? 109C6071-B566-435A-83CC-C461A72252AA.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Euphyllia can be quite the finicky coral.

One can be perfectly fine and the one right next to it will bail.

The unfortunate part it usually means there was something it didn't like.

What lights are you running and do you know what par they are at?

Not that knowing your par is absolutely %100 important but if they aren't receiving enough light it could be part of the issue.

OP
OP
R

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllia can be quite the finicky coral.

One can be perfectly fine and the one right next to it will bail.

The unfortunate part it usually means there was something it didn't like.

What lights are you running and do you know what par they are at?

Not that knowing your par is absolutely %100 important but if they aren't receiving enough light it could be part of the issue.
The really only change I’ve made in the last three months is I’ve added a new food to their feeding. it’s an LPS specific food and bigger pellets. They seem to eat it quickly.

The funny thing is, is the torch grew like crazy The first month and a half I had it. It still opens, color just looks funny.

my par at the bottom is around 150. I’m running 3 maxspect etheral at 100% .

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a video. I just checked and I see nothing wrong with it. No pest etc. I really appreciate your time

It does look healthy so thats a good sign.

I would perhaps move it to a higher area and give a tad bit more light and see if it reacts and colors up.

I'm thinking it may have come from a higher par system......but honestly it is just a guess.

Your parameters look good...have they been stable?

OP
OP
R

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look healthy so thats a good sign.

I would perhaps move it to a higher area and give a tad bit more light and see if it reacts and colors up.

I'm thinking it may have come from a higher par system......but honestly it is just a guess.

Your parameters look good...have they been stable?
I did, several weeks back, drop to zero nitrate and phosphate. But it was very short, maybe 2-3 days. Everything else is very consistent. Nothing seemed to be immediately effected.

also, with the lighting, do you think that it would take over three months to realize it was not happy with the light? Do these type of issues take that long?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did, several weeks back, drop to zero nitrate and phosphate. But it was very short, maybe 2-3 days. Everything else is very consistent. Nothing seemed to be immediately effected.

also, with the lighting, do you think that it would take over three months to realize it was not happy with the light? Do these type of issues take that long?
Ah yes that definitely could have contributed!

Usually takes a good amount of time for corals to adjust to new conditions but when there is a swing it effects the new additions even more.

LPS in general like the water with a little more N and P so hitting 0 on both combined with the light change could absolutely be the issue.
I say give it another week or so and see.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a nice aussie green torch for bout 6 months and it just started melting away. And all my other torches where plum happy. Like said before they are finiky corals. But it looks good and in the video it still had color. So I just let it be. Happy reefing!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back