Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems this community has a difficult time policing itself in keeping a thread on topic. I don’t know what else I can do. I created this new thread because I want to keep providing new information and answers to legitimate questions, but the thread just keeps going off track time and time again.

PS - wasn't the other thread closed? PERHAPS one thing you could do is start another thread about 'discussion of shipping times, etc' - and ask R2R do delete off topic posts.... I (apologies) - am just responding to alerts that come on my news feed - I dont pay attention to which 'trident forum' it might be from. Sorry. I'm sure people are not trying to 'wreck your day'. You should consider it a compliment that everyone seems to want your product.... (i.e. I haven't seen any negative posts here for a while)?

U

User1

View Badges
It seems this community has a difficult time policing itself in keeping a thread on topic. I don’t know what else I can do. I created this new thread because I want to keep providing new information and answers to legitimate questions, but the thread just keeps going off track time and time again.

Shoot the admin a message and ask if you can edit and/or delete messages but have post one be mother. Mother is lists questions orderly either by alpha, numeric, or by bullet point. Example:

Q. What is the shelf life of the regents
A. X,y,z

Q. What is the suggested retail price
A. X,y,z

But you are right - not much else you can do other than delete it, say you tried, and take it to your forums (do not mean that in a bad way other than that is your home and under your control). I've caught myself starting replies only to delete and then send via a PM. Thank you for trying though. Just chalk it up to all of the excitement I guess.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS - wasn't the other thread closed? PERHAPS one thing you could do is start another thread about 'discussion of shipping times, etc' - and ask R2R do delete off topic posts.... I (apologies) - am just responding to alerts that come on my news feed - I dont pay attention to which 'trident forum' it might be from. Sorry. I'm sure people are not trying to 'wreck your day'. You should consider it a compliment that everyone seems to want your product.... (i.e. I haven't seen any negative posts here for a while)?

It’s not wrecking my day. It’s just making it harder for people to get some straight answers to questions (and others to read them) when the thread is clogged up with off topic conversation. The fact that you “don’t pay attention” is exactly my point about policing ourselves as a community to stay on topic. Otherwise we could create one big thread called fish, another called coral, and yet another called Apex.

I welcome others to create whatever threads they want to discuss whatever topic they choose. But here I was only trying to be helpful to the cause to get as much relevant info as possible in the most condensed form. Ask a question about the trident - terence, staff, enthusiast answers question - every so often we update the OP. The more irrelevant banter that has to be scanned through, the less effective everyone becomes in relation to the intent of this thread.

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your information is been fine. It is the almost two year wait since announcement, lack of supply and the sometimes nefarious practices of vendors. Very similar to an Apple iPhone release. The demand has been clearly demonstrated but the company releases anyway with low supply. I get the balance of wanting to get it out versus waiting until your warehouse is full of them but it is frustrating nonetheless.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s not wrecking my day. It’s just making it harder for people to get some straight answers to questions (and others to read them) when the thread is clogged up with off topic conversation. The fact that you “don’t pay attention” is exactly my point about policing ourselves as a community to stay on topic. Otherwise we could create one big thread called fish, another called coral, and yet another called Apex.

I welcome others to create whatever threads they want to discuss whatever topic they choose. But here I was only trying to be helpful to the cause to get as much relevant info as possible in the most condensed form. Ask a question about the trident - terence, staff, enthusiast answers question - every so often we update the OP. The more irrelevant banter that has to be scanned through, the less effective everyone becomes in relation to the intent of this thread.

Except - one of the most frequently asked questions is 'when will I be able to get a Trident'. So - If you dont want people discussing that 'question' - IMHO - you should create another thread - or have those posts moved to another forum. Who is in a better place to answer questions about delivery times that 'you'?

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except - one of the most frequently asked questions is 'when will I be able to get a Trident'. So - If you dont want people discussing that 'question' - IMHO - you should create another thread - or have those posts moved to another forum. Who is in a better place to answer questions about delivery times that 'you'?

Ask the question. Get the answer. Not much discussion necessary. Maybe create another thread called “best way to get a trident”

The official answer related to this question has been posted already. That is, various dealers are getting product in various quantities at various times. Ongoing. When can an individual get one? Well that depends - do you want to buy it on eBay, do you want to buy it as a package deal, are you a VIP at a store? It’s different for every customer. There is no official answer to that specific question.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ask the question. Get the answer. Not much discussion necessary. Maybe create another thread called “best way to get a trident”

The official answer related to this question has been posted already. That is, various dealers are getting product in various quantities at various times. Ongoing. When can an individual get one? Well that depends - do you want to buy it on eBay, do you want to buy it as a package deal, are you a VIP at a store? It’s different for every customer. There is no official answer to that specific question.
Yeah - and im not trying to debate - merely trying to explain the misunderstanding - I dont think anyone is trying to make it harder for you. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question:)

dante411x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I have an actual question now. Sorry for going off topic before.

If I buy a brand new, unopened trident (or any other Neptune product for that matter) from eBay (or somewhere else that’s not an authorized retailer) will it still be covered under warranty?

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I have an actual question now. Sorry for going off topic before.

If I buy a brand new, unopened trident (or any other Neptune product for that matter) from eBay (or somewhere else that’s not an authorized retailer) will it still be covered under warranty?

No, that is officially second hand product that is not covered by the warranty. Even if it was new it had to be sold either by a unauthorized dealer or a private party. Sorry, but this is our policy.

dante411x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that is officially second hand product that is not covered by the warranty. Even if it was new it had to be sold either by a unauthorized dealer or a private party. Sorry, but this is our policy.

Nothing to apologize for. That’s what I thought already from your site but comments here had me wondering. I’m assuming that private party purchase would require them to hand over their proof of purchase from an authorized retailer?

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually the comments have been on topic . Maybe it’s the company Trying to suppress the frustration of these said comments ? [emoji4]

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence the frequency of your posts today makes me hope you aren’t already sequestered in some hotel room in the Twin Cities before the TCMAS speaker event on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Actual Trident related question/comment.
I calibrated my trident today after giving it about a week to break in. But the getting started document on the Neptune website could use a minor edit for clarification.

It does state in the first section of text that using the task section to calibrate is the suggested method. But the way the document reads as you scroll down ignores the tasks option and breaks the steps into running a sample prime and calibration from the trident options menu.

It just seems like it should maybe be broken into method 1 & method 2 with a little more emphasis on that the task option complete both of those steps at once to simplify the process.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/trident/calibration/

Overall very pleased with the trident so far.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
See. Perfect idea!
Here is another idea - instead of making a blanket statement that the thread is 'off track' quote the posts to which you're referring? You could have also created that thread instead of criticizing 'your potential customers' about what and how they are posting on 'your thread' so that its 'easier for you' (and readers of course).

Frankly - Im getting tired of Neptune on these forums - pretending that they are being abused by their lack of (Perceived) communication. Many will disagree with me - but - it mean come on. Hire someone to monitor the thread. it can't be that hard.... or?

I mean its not like there are thousands of posts for you guys to answer. You had tons of beta testers - perhaps you should have taken the time before launch to make a better FAQ - or if most of these questions have been answered already - a better way of notifying people the answers to your product questions. You have a potential winning product here IMHO - why blow it with these passive aggressive answers suggesting you dont have the patience to wade through 10 posts on the major reef forum on the planet.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence i have an actual question. I noticed that after calibration the graph logged the know sample value then jumped back to my “normal” tank levels. Just Curious if I had it on auto dose would that affect dosing, or is it just a place holder that’s ignored.

644069CF-C03D-4887-8592-3B6051665CC1.png

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence the frequency of your posts today makes me hope you aren’t already sequestered in some hotel room in the Twin Cities before the TCMAS speaker event on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Actual Trident related question/comment.
I calibrated my trident today after giving it about a week to break in. But the getting started document on the Neptune website could use a minor edit for clarification.

It does state in the first section of text that using the task section to calibrate is the suggested method. But the way the document reads as you scroll down ignores the tasks option and breaks the steps into running a sample prime and calibration from the trident options menu.

It just seems like it should maybe be broken into method 1 & method 2 with a little more emphasis on that the task option complete both of those steps at once to simplify the process.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/trident/calibration/

Overall very pleased with the trident so far.

Thanks, I mention a couple places in the available guides that the task is always the best way to do anything with Trident. I edited the preface on this page specifically to mention that again.

You are also right, in working with the Trident there is an easy way- the Trident associated tasks. Or a"manual way" - the guides. I'm finding a few people are "hybridizing" or doing "both". For example, as you mention, things like "priming" before entering into the calibration task. The task does all of this for you, so there is no need to do that if you are running the task.

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I mention a couple places in the available guides that the task is always the best way to do anything with Trident. I edited the preface on this page specifically to mention that again.

You are also right, in working with the Trident there is an easy way- the Trident associated tasks. Or a"manual way" - the guides. I'm finding a few people are "hybridizing" or doing "both". For example, as you mention, things like "priming" before entering into the calibration task. The task does all of this for you, so there is no need to do that if you are running the task.

Ahh that's interesting. I did prime and then run the task for calibration. The instructions on the website make it seem like you should prime and then calibrate.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back