Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mention a couple places in the available guides that the task is always the best way to do anything with Trident. I edited the preface on this page specifically to mention that again.

I think that it is in the preface section only is the issue. It doesn’t feel like you are reading instruction steps until you get further down where it is showing the manual method

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wondering if the light bleed from the fuge light would affect readings ? If it does can I blackout the smoked plastic? Would that help?
E2FE53D5-E82D-45C5-8125-3F2F73D8C5E3.jpeg

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In @Terence's defense, he has answered the vast majority of the really redundant questions repeatedly in this and other threads, and in other venues, such as their own website and livestreams on Facebook, Youtube, etc. Just because entitled people refuse to pay attention to any of that and repeatedly demand answers to their specific question despite having been pointed to those answers already given that doesn't mean that Terence or Neptune Systems is doing anything wrong.

Kindred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with trident controlled 2 part dosing with the DOS, and set alk and calcium to be all day , with alk being adjusted to more during daylight hours, will the system make sure alk and calcium are offset to not dose at the same time or do you have to do that manually somehow?

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just taking a guess and maybe someone can confirm the assumption.

With the readings that you will receive from the Trident (dKH), you can program your CO2 solenoid and/or the pump controlling the effluent to turn on/off when the dKH is +/- a certain level. That's all you would need to do I'd imagine.

Outside of the power for the pump and solenoid and the pH in the chamber, that's all you will have control over. Now would it be awesome to be able to fine tune the CO2 solenoid via Apex or adjust the flow of the Kamoer via the Apex.

Or run a reactor with a dosing pump for back-up.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with trident controlled 2 part dosing with the DOS, and set alk and calcium to be all day , with alk being adjusted to more during daylight hours, will the system make sure alk and calcium are offset to not dose at the same time or do you have to do that manually somehow?

No. Nothing will automatically offset one from the other.

If this is a major concern, the best bet is to place the tubes physically apart in your sump or manual stagger multiple dosing periods.

TTNuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If this is a major concern, the best bet is to place the tubes physically apart in your sump or manual stagger multiple dosing periods.

Hanging out in MN today Terence? Hand delivering any Tridents to New Wave? Was thinking of heading there at lunch to see if they had any word on when they might see a few more units. (Sorry for the off topic post)

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal stray light should not be an issue. Super bright light pointed directly at the front might be.

In high light areas where we believe stray light might be a concern, would blacking out the smoke plastic with black electrical tape cause any foreseeable negative results?

Irongolem411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SO, i have staggered dosing currently setup for Calc and Alk. If I setup controlled dosing with Trident, does that staggered dosing get overwritten? OR does it utilize what is already there?

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO, i have staggered dosing currently setup for Calc and Alk. If I setup controlled dosing with Trident, does that staggered dosing get overwritten? OR does it utilize what is already there?

It will use your existing intervals if you just turn on control for those intervals. If you use the "Trident controlled dosing" task then it will replace your intervals with either a single 24-hours interval (default), or with the Day/Night schedule consisting of three intervals if that option is selected while running the Task.

There was a recommendation that you not use too many intervals when using the Trident control. I believe the recommendation was around 4 intervals. So depending on how you have programmed the staggering you may still need to do some work on your intervals before choosing to use control.

Last edited:

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question:
I have a container that holds roughly 50g of premixed saltwater that I use for my AWCs. Is there a way in the future that Trident will have a secondary graph to track that container too? Not consistently like the tank but after I mix a fresh batch could I put the sample line in that container and run the tests. But not have these test recorded to my graph as if it was my display tank which could cause the DOS to turn on and dose 2 part if the new water parameters were slightly different than my tank.

Hope that made sense.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange is pretty much idle.

Blue is testing/priming/etc

Haven’t seen other colors on mine as of yet.

When the Trident generates an Error code, the indicator LED turns red.
However, the difference between the normal orange LED and red error LED is fairly subtle, at least until you've seen it a couple of times.
The smoked grey translucent cover reduces the visible difference between red and orange.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome dude! Looking forward to a review. Guess it is time write a screen scraper to watch all the major sites. I have a feeling the email notifications have been disabled.
Found out from BRS That after you get one notification (and dont get a unit) you have to apply again.

Back