Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other concern is I wouldn't have calibration solution when the time comes to change reagents if I did that. It sounded like you should calibrate each time.

It certainly isn't a bad idea. In part it will depend on the numbers you get immediately after changing reagents as compared to those just before.
If the numbers are in the same ballpark, don't recalibrate. If they're off more than you'd like, recalibrate.

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted to calibrate it with tank water and base the numbers off what my other test kits show currently.

There will be many people doing this.
It's not optimal but if you can't get any calibration solution and you don't like the numbers you're see, you can try it.
Be sure to recalibrate again when you can get the reference solution. Don't let it slide or you could be running on inaccurate data for a long time.

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the solution should be usable for much longer than 8 hours.
None of the 3 parameters being measured will change on exposure to air.
Assuming you keep it capped to avoid evaporation.

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mine is actually OK. My alk using my Hanna has been between 9.5-10 for several months through multiple reagents so I assumed when my trident showed 8.5 that it was off. I bought a standard for my Hanna and new reagent just in case and looks like I have a bad reagent. The new reagent is at 8.6 which is close to my Trident. My calcium is close enough to my Hanna. My Magnesium is about 100 off from my salifert but I'm not overly concerned about it. Mainly I just wanted my alk to be accurate and I think it's good. No need for calibration solution for me for now but still something to be be aware of as you go to calibrate.

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk using my Hanna has been between 9.5-10 for several months through multiple reagents so I assumed when my trident showed 8.5 that it was off. I bought a standard for my Hanna and new reagent just in case and looks like I have a bad reagent. The new reagent is at 8.6 which is close to my Trident.

I've mentioned in several threads that there have been some significantly 'off' batches of Hanna alk reagent recently.
Some people don't seem to register that and still talk about their Hanna results as if they're a gold standard, lol.
(It used to be mine, I'll admit.)

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run 2 trident using one apex?

I don't know of anyone who has (although I can think of a few master controllers who might have.)
But I don't see why not. Each is just another module as far as your Apex is concerned.
And there are places in the Trident Tasks where it asks you to specifically point out which Trident to program.

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will the next wave of Tridents begin shipping?--- I have been looking for a place to preorder it but keep striking out.

Neptune is not allowing preorders per their video they released. 628 days and counting......they are practically your local cable company.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune is not allowing preorders per their video they released. 628 days and counting......they are practically your local cable company.

Neptune also said that the "release time was 12", but some companies did as they pleased. lol
I don't want to preorder because the company might have a lot of orders in already and I wouldn't get one on the next "wave" of product, while keeping my money so I can't order elsewhere.

https://fragtasticreef.com/trident-...c42-wi1YlWsYbbveFD8LSuwk-IPvIh1BoCpm4QAvD_BwE

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will the next wave of Tridents begin shipping?--- I have been looking for a place to preorder it but keep striking out.

Good luck with this question . Seems it’s been asked everyday for last few days and has been glazed over each of those times . Some are saying that Terrence did say weekly on the Pre launch video . But take that with a grain of salt . You Can get em on eBay though from all the outlet employees turning a fast buck if you are Loaded : )

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are most certainly stores doing pre-order lists, just not with an official bill of sale.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with this question . Seems it’s been asked everyday for last few days and has been glazed over each of those times . Some are saying that Terrence did say weekly on the Pre launch video . But take that with a grain of salt . You Can get em on eBay though from all the outlet employees turning a fast buck if you are Loaded : )

He did say it would be weekly, he also daily or “steady flow” in this video... it’s been a while and I have yet to see them though...

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c365cc44637325ac4499596a9310aee9.jpg

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so on that video, and in public posts, and now here again I will do my best to explain this.

Tridents will be made available ongoing. There are no batches, waves, spurts, phases, tranches, groups, pods, murders, etc. :) We are simply filling orders and spreading the available inventory to dealers according to their sales volume and history. How they decide to sell those off is up to them. We just have asked them not to do pre-orders tying up customers payments so that they can basically float and find a Trident wherever and whenever they come available. And before you ask, no, I cannot put here how many are coming out when and to whom. Your best bet is to contact the best Neptune Systems dealers in your area and/or sign up for notifications from the online stores or just keep checking around. I can tell you that already some have been put up on web sites or sold to customers at stores since last Wednesday - as they rolled in. ]

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the update. Unfortunately I suspect most of ours are still months away being not one retailer notified me of them in stock since last week’s release.

Given the limited supply, and the incredible demand, some dealers have told me they are filling VIP customers first. Others use a different strategy and take a portion of their list and notify only those. So your number may come up in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A6A7FCE9-EF4B-4C08-ADE5-AF75AE7D629C.jpeg
Given the limited supply, and the incredible demand, some dealers have told me they are filling VIP customers first. Others use a different strategy and take a portion of their list and notify only those. So your number may come up in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

OK, so on that video, and in public posts, and now here again I will do my best to explain this.

Tridents will be made available ongoing. There are no batches, waves, spurts, phases, tranches, groups, pods, murders, etc. :) We are simply filling orders and spreading the available inventory to dealers according to their sales volume and history. How they decide to sell those off is up to them. We just have asked them not to do pre-orders tying up customers payments so that they can basically float and find a Trident wherever and whenever they come available. And before you ask, no, I cannot put here how many are coming out when and to whom. Your best bet is to contact the best Neptune Systems dealers in your area and/or sign up for notifications from the online stores or just keep checking around. I can tell you that already some have been put up on web sites or sold to customers at stores since last Wednesday - as they rolled in. ]

Am I missing something here...?
I am a huge fan of the company but this entire thing has been fishy from the get-go...

8BCBBB3A-E6E2-4495-ACA0-5839C26E6E81.jpeg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back