Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guy need help Got my trident 2 week ago
Plug it and install it and everything was going good all readings was matching my other test kit
After 1 week I did the calibration following every step Right after the calibration the calcium jump to from 435 to 485
440on salifert 3 test in a row

so I reduce my dosing and calcium is still going up with no calcium dosing and 60 ml of esv alk to keep alk up

my tube is out of the sump for 24 hour now and my trident now reading 515 and salifert reading now390 just don’t know what to do alk and mag still on point

what should I do now ??
Sounds like the issue is with B test. Put sample tube back in the water and restart the Trident from its menu and let it continue. 485 Trident vs 440 Salifert doesn’t seem that far out of range.

Everything could be fine.... few things to consider when dosing with a trident: when the doses occur, where the dose is added to the water, and when the trident is pulling the sample. If you are dosing the sump area near the sample tube the water in the sump at that time may be full of that dose.

Over the next couple days let the trident run and see what your results are, meanwhile dose the tank according to your Alk consumption. If the Alk is dropping the calcium is too. Opening a ticket from the support tab on Neptune’s website would probably be best route and letting the Trident run while waiting to talk to Neptune will give them info to help resolve any issues.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI... When will 6 month reagent be available on the regular
I doubt the 6 month kit will be available until full production resumes. Another post in a thread about retailers with available stock said that they spoke with someone from Neptune and they were gonna bring a team in to produce reagents so the stock levels should get better before too much longer. With 2 Tridents in the house I surely prefer the 6 month kits too for the prices savings.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have read some post stating that the two month supply is really a 6 week supply. Is this a universal issue that people are only getting 6 weeks out of the two month pack using the default testing or are these people in a small minority?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have read some post stating that the two month supply is really a 6 week supply. Is this a universal issue that people are only getting 6 weeks out of the two month pack using the default testing or are these people in a small minority?
Depends on you water parameters. The higher the levels you maintain, the more required reagent per test. I believe the “2 month” timing was based on natural sea water levels.

Jamesmost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I doubt the 6 month kit will be available until full production resumes. Another post in a thread about retailers with available stock said that they spoke with someone from Neptune and they were gonna bring a team in to produce reagents so the stock levels should get better before too much longer. With 2 Tridents in the house I surely prefer the 6 month kits too for the prices savings.

That much, I assume... But b4 c19 still difficult, took me weeks to score....

U

User1

View Badges
Depends on you water parameters. The higher the levels you maintain, the more required reagent per test. I believe the “2 month” timing was based on natural sea water levels.

This is a good point regarding the water chemistry. Maybe doesn't need to be mentioned but also the reagent use depends on the testing frequency. The two month supply is using the lowest daily test setting which is 4/2/2 (alk, ca, mag). I think I may have noted it above but people are running a few more manual tests than what was originally polled.

kamikazereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the issue is with B test. Put sample tube back in the water and restart the Trident from its menu and let it continue. 485 Trident vs 440 Salifert doesn’t seem that far out of range.

Everything could be fine.... few things to consider when dosing with a trident: when the doses occur, where the dose is added to the water, and when the trident is pulling the sample. If you are dosing the sump area near the sample tube the water in the sump at that time may be full of that dose.

Over the next couple days let the trident run and see what your results are, meanwhile dose the tank according to your Alk consumption. If the Alk is dropping the calcium is too. Opening a ticket from the support tab on Neptune’s website would probably be best route and letting the Trident run while waiting to talk to Neptune will give them info to help resolve any issues.

thanks can you tell me how to restart trident from his menu

kamikazereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that mean, "my tube is out of the sump for 24 hour now"?

I dont really understand what you are trying to do- I would recommend submitting a ticket to Neptune. There are several things that could have gone wrong with calibration, such as not placing the calibration fluid at the same height of where you are normally drawing sample water, etc.

You are also assuming that the salifert kit is correct- it very well may not be. If you have leftover calibration fluid, I recommend you test that with your salifert kit to ensure the kit it is reading accurately- it should match the numbers on the bottle..
Im talking about my calcium dosing tube to be sure it was not leaking into the sump
The difference between salifert and trident is ok for me but what make me feel something is wrong i don’t dose any calcium and it still rising

i did open a ticket

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks can you tell me how to restart trident from his menu
On the Trident widget hit the gear icon and select “Connfigure Trident” scroll time the bottom and select the box to “Restart Trident” and then scroll up and select the apply button (cloud with arrow)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I run alk at about 8.6, calcium at about 450 and mag at about 1375 ….. Last four replacements of all three were 11/19, 1/16, 3/16 and 5/12. Pretty consistent if you take into account short February. Not quite two months, but well in excess of six weeks.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run alk at about 8.6, calcium at about 450 and mag at about 1375 ….. Last four replacements of all three were 11/19, 1/16, 3/16 and 5/12. Pretty consistent if you take into account short February. Not quite two months, but well in excess of six weeks.
Does the unit keep track of the dates when the reagents got changed or do you manually have to do that?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be done manually but honestly you don’t need to do it because your graphs will show these huge spikes of calcium and magnesium and you could go to just go back and look at your graph to figure out when you needed to change it

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the unit keep track of the dates when the reagents got changed or do you manually have to do that?

I just keep a paper record of replacement dates .... UV bulb, CaRX media, trident reagents, etc. Hinges on the steel trap memory showing a bit of rust.

DoobDob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut the sample line about 8" (I must of missed the part in the video where they say don't cut it) and later found out not to cut the line. Sample line is sold out everywhere, but I noticed that the sample line and the waste line look to have the same inside dimensions, can I just switch them out till I can find a replacement?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut the sample line about 8" (I must of missed the part in the video where they say don't cut it) and later found out not to cut the line. Sample line is sold out everywhere, but I noticed that the sample line and the waste line look to have the same inside dimensions, can I just switch them out till I can find a replacement?

I’m not sure if they are the exact same inner diameter- you would probably need to calibrate again. Issue with a clear sample line is that it grows algae more rapidly, causing blockage which messes up results (same reason that you don’t want to cut it shorter).

How “off” are the results? Can probably wait and send them an email.

DoobDob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if they are the exact same inner diameter- you would probably need to calibrate again. Issue with a clear sample line is that it grows algae more rapidly, causing blockage which messes up results (same reason that you don’t want to cut it shorter).

How “off” are the results? Can probably wait and send them an email.

I have just installed it, will have to wait and see the results tomorrow, and test myself too to see my results

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would imagine the logic of having an exact length of tubing is so that the unit knows exactly how many ml of water it needs to pull and dump before it fills the cuvette with new water.

I am also new to using the Trident so I am just guessing, but if that assumption is right I can see why they would not want you to extend the tubing but I am not sure why cutting it would make a differece since it would just be more new water flushed out with the old. Maybe the dosing pumps amount would increase slightly? It would be interesting to have some spare tubing to see how much the readings vary at shorter lengths.

DoobDob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine the logic of having an exact length of tubing is so that the unit knows exactly how many ml of water it needs to pull and dump before it fills the cuvette with new water.

I am also new to using the Trident so I am just guessing, but if that assumption is right I can see why they would not want you to extend the tubing but I am not sure why cutting it would make a differece since it would just be more new water flushed out with the old. Maybe the dosing pumps amount would increase slightly? It would be interesting to have some spare tubing to see how much the readings vary at shorter lengths.

interesting, I honestly thought that the trident measured the amount of water coming in for sampling, not that it calculated the 5' hose line in, would like to hear from an official source what it actually does.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back