Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the trident up and running! Its tested a few times but it hasn't showed a result yet. Fingers crossed I did it right! Outside of this issue, setup was super easy. Thanks Neptune Systems for a stellar product.
The first test takes much longer then normal. Mine took about an hour for the tile to populate. After that it takes about 9 min for each test

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the trident up and running! Its tested a few times but it hasn't showed a result yet. Fingers crossed I did it right! Outside of this issue, setup was super easy. Thanks Neptune Systems for a stellar product.
Did your tiles populate? It’s been almost an hour for me after the initial set up and then running a combined test. Still no readings yet but its not making noise anymore

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your tiles populate? It’s been almost an hour for me after the initial set up and then running a combined test. Still no readings yet but its not making noise anymore
How long did you wait after you did all of the updates, plugged in the trident and let it run its startup? Any manual test you try to run before that is all done will be ignored.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you wait after you did all of the updates, plugged in the trident and let it run its startup? Any manual test you try to run before that is all done will be ignored.
Updates weren’t my issue. I opened the drawer and realigned the reagents. I think there may have been a kink inside the box. It is working correctly now. Thanks for the response though

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI guys, initial setup along with any software updates do not actually run any tests....I thought my trident wasn’t working due to it saying “testing” during its initial
Configuration as well as after the software update. I then changed 1-link connection location and it did it again after powering back on so I thought it had tested 3-times when in reality it just ran its initialization process 3 times.

Run a manual test after getting setup, or wait for a scheduled run-time and your tile will populate!

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI guys, initial setup along with any software updates do not actually run any tests....I thought my trident wasn’t working due to it saying “testing” during its initial
Configuration as well as after the software update. I then changed 1-link connection location and it did it again after powering back on so I thought it had tested 3-times when in reality it just ran its initialization process 3 times.

Run a manual test after getting setup, or wait for a scheduled run-time and your tile will populate!
In my case, After initial set up I ran a manual combined test and received no updated tiles.

Hitch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to figure out how much trident controlled DOS’ing is occurring. Is there an easy way to tell (other than adding up each individual addition over a 24 hour period)?

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tile of your dos on the dash board will tell you. Mine is set to dose 45 ml and I see it at 41 some times 48 etc
1821F600-07EC-4F59-A668-EE2EB061BA94.png
C5972CD9-9796-433A-BC30-E93504DDC2BD.png

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence What if I need to replace only reagents B and C? Both B and C will always have the same volume left but I have been running additional Alk tests and now I think I may find myself in a situation in the future where I will have to replace B&C but not A. There are only tasks to replace reagent A or replace all. Not a task to replace just B&C.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So

Basically, use Task “Trident Reagent Replacement” but just do nothing to reagent A and then replace B/C and only reset reagent levels for B/C after replacing?

If you use the Task, it will automatically reset reagent levels for all.
You can replace each reagent individually without doing the task, as described in that link.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence or @RussM I have heard a rumor that pre-orders aren't allowed with your products. Is this true?

I found a site that allowed and placed the pre-order, also they require payment up front.

Jon M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence or @RussM I have heard a rumor that pre-orders aren't allowed with your products. Is this true?

I found a site that allowed and placed the pre-order, also they require payment up front.

Terence has previously said vendors should not be taking pre orders.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the minimum number of tests per 24 hours, but is there a way to change the time of them? I would, for example, ideally do the full three at 8 am and 8 pm because those are the times that likely correspond to highest and lowest levels. Then just alk at 2 am and 2 pm.

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the minimum number of tests per 24 hours, but is there a way to change the time of them? I would, for example, ideally do the full three at 8 am and 8 pm because those are the times that likely correspond to highest and lowest levels. Then just alk at 2 am and 2 pm.

Currently the timing of tests can’t be changed. Only the number of tests per day.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back