Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question just popped in my head . Will you be able to “off set “ the numbers if they’re running a tad high to say someone’s favorite Alk/C/Mg test ? I know from using KHD it was consistent but reading high (example KHD 9.2 to Hanna 8.6) to my Hanna . I was able to ease the thought by off setting it a few

I am guessing that there will be a calibration solution, just like any other probe. You know, tell the DOS that the imput is a 9dkh calibration solution, it does the titration and calibrates itself.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question just popped in my head . Will you be able to “off set “ the numbers if they’re running a tad high to say someone’s favorite Alk/C/Mg test ? I know from using KHD it was consistent but reading high (example KHD 9.2 to Hanna 8.6) to my Hanna . I was able to ease the thought by off setting it a few
While there will be a calibration solution, we are considering this option as well.

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence Sorry if I missed it in the first 54 pages, but will there be any native controls for the dosing side? I.E. - Trident has measured A, B, C levels for Alk, CA, and MG and then automatically updates my DOS with explicit instructions for dosing Triton Reagents (or BRS two part, ESV, etc...) to reach my target levels???

Thank you!

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a page or two back... Yes, it will be able to adjust dosing based on test results.

Brandon

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My view from this morning

box of trident.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing that there will be a calibration solution, just like any other probe. You know, tell the DOS that the imput is a 9dkh calibration solution, it does the titration and calibrates itself.

Thanks . that’s not what I meant though . But Terrance understood the point . Sort of like how you can have two temp probes one may be off and you can off set to match if so . Anyone whose has/d KhD (haven’t seen Alkatronics) I’m sure knows .
Basically the hobby grades have a +- of some sort and you lean towards the ones you trust right ? You can make the Trident match instead of it being off .3-.5

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious - did you test the results with manual tests - just wondering because of the Ca++

I did a quick alk test (9-10), and looked at the last Aquamedic tests I got back. I'll send another out to Aquamedic next week, along with getting the lab at work to run the same three tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back