Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really think many of you guys might be taking for granted how open and involved many of our employees are in the reefkeeping scene. Passionate hobbyists we are and we make ourselves pretty available to all our customers.

Do we have a bias for our products? You bet!

But please do not question our integrity or call us shills.

With that said, Russ is the OG when it comes to the Apex, built a free Apex integration site and reporting site on his own for the Apex, has fielded tens of thousands of questions on forums, admins the existing NS community, and spends countless hours testing our products to always try and make them better for our customers. Russ does not work on the support team and without that line in his signature, he would be fielding support PMs day and night.

While I enjoy open and frank conversation, and don’t mind customers taking us to task when warranted, negative comments like those I have seen on forums and FB in recent days directed towards some of our reefkeeping employees really gets me down.

I personally apologize- shill was definitely too strong a word - and I didn't mean it to be insulting to you or Russ. I mentioned in my post that he is invaluable on the Neptune forum as well - and I meant it. I was making the point that people that are being 'paid' by a company should disclose that (not just yours but everyone's) when they post opinions on a message board. Similar to when the authors of scientific articles disclose financial interest in products used in the study for example.

IMHO, Russ' handle on the Neptune systems board suggests (but doesn't say) that he is independent of Neptune. I have my opinions on this - certainly nothing personal against him or you - and again I apologize for using the word 'shill'

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no Apex Jr on these joints ? Will I really have to upgrade? Sorry I’m late

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So no Apex Jr on these joints ? Will I really have to upgrade? Sorry I’m late
Yep. You can order just base unit, or the Apex EL. Either of those will do it

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 questions if I may...

How complex is the replacing of reagents?
I think i understood that we will be replacing alk reag monthly and the other 2 every 2 months?

And on the video it was stated that Apex can overdose up to a predetermined value to keep the desired parameters. Will it ALERT us that this is happening so we can adjust the daily dose to match the new
Consumption rate? And can Apex shut off our DOS if something caused a quick rise in a tested value (DKh primarily) in case some stressor caused consumption to decrease??

Thanks

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked just in case anything had changed I’m still in disbelief lol dang it imma have to upgrade

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence , sorry if it was mentioned earlier, I didnt see it if it was, but how is the Trident calibrated?

By the way, the Apex u sent me is awesome!!!

Actually I found your post about calibration.

Last edited:

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any plans for mounting options? I have the perfect place to sit it in my stand but in the video it was stated the Trident needed to be mounted above the sump. Thanks in advance!!!

You could have it at the same level as the sump. The reason why they would like you to put the Trident higher than the sump is for safety reasons. The main one is limiting siphon issues. If the tubing became disconnected at the back of the Trident the water in sump would be sucked out and drain out through the tubing. Having the Trident above the sump makes that a non issue. Also if the Trident is at sump level that means your Aquabus or 1Link connection is lower than the sumps waterline. Splashes or drips can send water into those back ports directly along the wiring.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions if I may...

How complex is the replacing of reagents?
I think i understood that we will be replacing alk reag monthly and the other 2 every 2 months?

Changing reagents is as simple as unscrewing the bottle caps and replacing the bottles.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how hard it will be for the trident to be made to test other elements once the initial 3 are perfected. I’m hoping one that test nitrate , phos and something else be so cool and nice to have. I dose lanthanum chloride so an automated phosphate test would be sweet. This is what’s going to set trident above the rest if it works right. It should be fairly straight forward to develope other test seeing how it’s done through tritation and not done using a ph probe.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how hard it will be for the trident to be made to test other elements once the initial 3 are perfected. I’m hoping one that test nitrate , phos and something else be so cool and nice to have. I dose lanthanum chloride so an automated phosphate test would be sweet. This is what’s going to set trident above the rest if it works right. It should be fairly straight forward to develope other test seeing how it’s done through tritation and not done using a ph probe.

I was literally having this same conversation with another reefer 2 nights ago. Hoping the technology can me adapted :)

Don

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2019-1-9_8-45-45.png

That is pretty cool …. I just hope it's consistently accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back