Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume that the hover over action would give you this as it does on all the other graphs:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 6.47.09 PM.png

It would be nice if that tile , with the Big 3, had a time/date stamp under each value which said as of "10:00 Am" or 3 hours old.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So excited! Love the update. Glad you guys are taking the time to make sure it works, for sure. Imagine the backlash if it didn’t... personally, I’m in. (And fingers crossed I get selected for NSI) hehe

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions if I may...

How complex is the replacing of reagents?
I think i understood that we will be replacing alk reag monthly and the other 2 every 2 months?

And on the video it was stated that Apex can overdose up to a predetermined value to keep the desired parameters. Will it ALERT us that this is happening so we can adjust the daily dose to match the new
Consumption rate? And can Apex shut off our DOS if something caused a quick rise in a tested value (DKh primarily) in case some stressor caused consumption to decrease??

Thanks

Reagents are as easy as unscrewing the empty and screwing on the new.
I do not believe there is an alert until it would take more additive than is allowed in order to keep the tank at the chosen set point.
Right now the Apex can, based on other feedback data, turn off your DOS if you wish to configure that.

Are there any plans for mounting options? I have the perfect place to sit it in my stand but in the video it was stated the Trident needed to be mounted above the sump. Thanks in advance!!!

We do not have any plans for a special shelf as there is too much variety in how people will use this in their sump or under tank or fish room.

It would be nice if that tile , with the Big 3, had a time/date stamp under each value which said as of "10:00 Am" or 3 hours old.
Not at the moment, but this idea was already floated by me to the engineering team to have a "last tested" and "next test @" time on the tile.

How long does it take Trident to perform these tests .
Alk only, about 8 minutes. All three, about 20 minutes.

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reagents are as easy as unscrewing the empty and screwing on the new.
I do not believe there is an alert until it would take more additive than is allowed in order to keep the tank at the chosen set point.
Right now the Apex can, based on other feedback data, turn off your DOS if you wish to configure that..

So no way of knowing that our dosing is not keeping up? Will it he visible in the logs??

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, 4 Alk, 2MG, 2Ca each day is the minimum testing.

So sometimes it will just be Alk being tested.

The size of the bottles of each reagent will likely be different since the shelf life of all 3 is supposedly 2 months.

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wouldn't it be visible in the results of the tests?

Not sure
Depends on if it starts to dose to keep it where its at
Or if there is a max and min value that it will stay between.

Im curious. Maybe I can shoot for 8.5 and Apex will adjust at 8.2 and stop at 8.8.
Cant wait to fiddle with this thing!!

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar to when the authors of scientific articles disclose financial interest in products used in the study for example.

Best practice would be for people to indicate employee status when posting on topics related to their job. That being said, can you imagine the harassment employees might get on forums while they enjoy the hobby? Prob no perfect solution to this... But nice to see the neptune guys love their reefs and their Co. :)

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best practice would be for people to indicate employee status when posting on topics related to their job. That being said, can you imagine the harassment employees might get on forums while they enjoy the hobby? Prob no perfect solution to this... But nice to see the neptune guys love their reefs and their Co. :)

I was thinking about this just now when answering the thread on how to make R2R better by saying I wish there were less anonymity.

If people (quite possibly rightly so) want to know if there is a direct affiliation of a person to a business in the hobby, I think it is just as reasonable that the average Joe should not be able to hide behind the veil of a anonymous handle. Why not require a real identity - just like when you go to a trade event in person?

This is off topic so let’s not hash it out here; but if someone feels this is an important discussion, please create the thread, post the link here, and I will participate. I would love to even hear feedback from @revhtree

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question just popped in my head . Will you be able to “off set “ the numbers if they’re running a tad high to say someone’s favorite Alk/C/Mg test ? I know from using KHD it was consistent but reading high (example KHD 9.2 to Hanna 8.6) to my Hanna . I was able to ease the thought by off setting it a few

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back