Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My unicorn is helping me do a better job of maintaining my tank. :D. I loathe doing manual testing!

7fdad50064dd0b6c2396ed669fcd7be8.jpg

Russ, you win the internet today!

Don

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why people wouldn't test for all three when they are tied together. If you adjust one, it typically effects the others.
I dose in equal parts and I don't see the need to check calcium 2 times a day. I check alk every other day and calcium every two weeks and magnesium once a month

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't understand why people wouldn't test for all three when they are tied together. If you adjust one, it typically effects the others.
because one of the 3 can (but usually doesnt) change quickly. One changes more slowly (ca) - and one doesn't change much at all (mg)...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
because one of the 3 can (but usually doesnt) change quickly. One changes more slowly (ca) - and one doesn't change much at all (mg)...
I mean - I understand if the product has to do this to remain accurate - but there is no one on this website or at Neptune or anywhere else that can justify the testing frequency. IMHO.. RussM (no offense) is a kind of but not actually a 'shill' for Neptune. He responds to all of their forum questions. While saying he is not a Neptune employee.. He is not objective... (IMHO)

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RussM (no offense) is a kind of but not actually a 'shill' for Neptune. He responds to all of their forum questions. While saying he is not a Neptune employee.. He is not objective... (IMHO)
Sorry, but you are mistaken. I do not say that I am not an employee - my sig on the Neptune forum states that I am not a support rep, which is true. My role at NS is not in front line tech support.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, but you are mistaken. I do not say that I am not an employee - my sig on the Neptune forum states that I am not a support rep, which is true. My role at NS is not in front line tech support.
Apologies - the fact is your opinion is not exactly unbiased. You do not say you are not an employee - nor do you disclose that you ARE an employee. You act as if you are an independent person posting on the forum. (at least thats my reading).,,,I interpreted your signature to mean something different. Again - sorry. Maybe you should clarify - I'm employed by Neptune to answer questions on the forum (or whatever they are paying you for) - my impression was that you were independent.

This is what you say: "I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks."

I agree you give lots of helpful advice on the forums. Lots of helpful advice. I always wondered why someone who is not a support rep continually answers questions on he forum for 'no reward',. I guess now its clear.... It didn't make sense to me that Neptune was letting an average Joe give the type of advice that you did. Of course you had no culpability about the advice you were giving since you were 'just one of the guys'. it still seems quite odd to me (at least)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think many of you guys might be taking for granted how open and involved many of our employees are in the reefkeeping scene. Passionate hobbyists we are and we make ourselves pretty available to all our customers.

Do we have a bias for our products? You bet!

But please do not question our integrity or call us shills.

With that said, Russ is the OG when it comes to the Apex, built a free Apex integration site and reporting site on his own for the Apex, has fielded tens of thousands of questions on forums, admins the existing NS community, and spends countless hours testing our products to always try and make them better for our customers. Russ does not work on the support team and without that line in his signature, he would be fielding support PMs day and night.

While I enjoy open and frank conversation, and don’t mind customers taking us to task when warranted, negative comments like those I have seen on forums and FB in recent days directed towards some of our reefkeeping employees really gets me down.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Russ has answered a few of my questions on the Neptune forurm and always helped me fix my problems along with a few others like zombie that jump right in to get me running
I appreciate the effort and time they have taken to always get me thru problems and get me going

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence,

I couldn’t agree more. Russ is and has been a staple in the reefing community, not just with Neptune. He has been a wealth of information and has been of personal help to me on more than one occasion, even though he isn’t a “Support Rep”.

There has been a significant amount of negativity on many of the forums I frequent, but thankfully there are dedicated staff like Russ and other volunteers that help keep things as orderly as possible.

Russ, keep doing what you’re doing! You’re efforts do no go unnoticed!

Don

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, I think it would be marketing genius to sell the “Trident Unicorn Horn” on your website as an accessory! I know I would buy it!

Don
Someone should post up the CAD file to the NSC 3D forum for that horn. My buddy has a 3d printer but I dont have any Orange Filament Tho

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Now that I said my peace on that subject, how about we get this thread back on track and keep it about the Trident.

I like open dialog so it doesn’t bother me when there is mention of competitors on this thread. But it shouldn’t take on a life of its own IMO. There are other places for that if you want to have those discussions.

We are working as hard as we can to get the Trident into the hands of the public at large as quickly as we can without compromising quality or the overall customer experience.

I will try and answer here all the questions I can with the information we have, or are willing to release, at this point.

You will see other Neptune Systems employees posting about their Trident experience so far. Please understand that these people are not posting as company spokespeople, but rather as reef keepers - basically with the same amount of information as an NSI member. Sure, some of them know more, but they are restricted from speaking about things in any other way than as an NSI member. So please do not be surprised when they answer a question with “I don’t know” or possibly nothing at all. Feel free to bring that question here and I will try and answer it to the best of my ability or tell you it is not something are disclosing.

Thanks again to those out there that are patiently (who is that, really? Haha) waiting for us to bring this product to market.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence in the FB live stream you mention that each test can be tied to “one” pump head on the dos and dose accordingly. What about two part systems like triton that have 2 separate alkalinity solutions (3a and 3b)?

Also are there any calibration tasks that need to/can be performed ? Thanks

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again to those out there that are patiently (who is that, really? Haha) waiting for us to bring this product to market.

Eh, I for one have never inquired about it, not even on the Neptune forum; what's the point? It'll be ready when it's ready, and it's not like Neptune doesn't want to get it out ASAP themselves.

That said, I'm definitely eager to try it myself... :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm excited about the update! Can anyone point me to the video? I seem to have missed it.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence in the FB live stream you mention that each test can be tied to “one” pump head on the dos and dose accordingly. What about two part systems like triton that have 2 separate alkalinity solutions (3a and 3b)?

Also are there any calibration tasks that need to/can be performed ? Thanks

More details will follow at a later date but rest assured that there will be enough options to allow for multipart additives such as Triton.

As far as calibration, yes there will be a solution provided and as of right now it looks like it will not need to be calibrated very often. But again, more details will follow as we have more data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back