Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t wait anymore. I pulled the trigger on beta testing the Reef Bot. Prob will have issues if its own but I like the flexibility. I have multiple systems so I prob will still get a trident too.

I did the same thing pulled the trigger on a ReefBot. They offer 100.00 discount to first 100 or so with the checkout code “RKLOVESYOU “ , probably still going to get a Trident also but wanted something to test my nitrates and phosphates . Did you receive the ReefBot yet , curious of any feed back

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't heard anything. It's been pretty quiet here lately. Maybe they could throw us another bone with an update!

I mounted mine. It took me awhile as I had to get a shelf built and acquire some new plumbing parts to reconfigure my return line to make room.

2iwU3uMl.jpg

ArzOd1jl.jpg

Other than that not much I can share. Testing has been going really great.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the requirements for the Trident? (i.e. what other apex products will be needed to use this device).
I believe Apex 2016 is the only requirement. It will not work with the Apex Classic.

Brandon

McDam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious if someone can share a comparison of daily alk swings with respect to pH. Does alkalinity react opposite to pH swings, dipping when pH is highest (greatest consumption when photosynthesis is highest) throughout the day and peaking when pH is lowest, given constant dosing? Or at what point through the day is alk consumed the fastest and vice versa.

CuseReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting piece of info I got out of a Neptune employee off the record, sounds like there will be no user serviceable parts on the inside. Only thing I was told was the reagents and the external hoses are replaceable. So with this I assume this even means the hose on the parastolic pump that runs the entire thing won’t be replaceable by the user. So either consider it disposable or pony up money to send it out for maintenance is what I assumed from the answers I received.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting piece of info I got out of a Neptune employee off the record, sounds like there will be no user serviceable parts on the inside. Only thing I was told was the reagents and the external hoses are replaceable. So with this I assume this even means the hose on the parastolic pump that runs the entire thing won’t be replaceable by the user. So either consider it disposable or pony up money to send it out for maintenance is what I assumed from the answers I received.

If this is true, :eek:

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What’s to keep us from swapping out the tubing though? I’m sure we could also find heads for the pump to replace that as well. Maybe Neptune just isn’t offering them? At least not at this time. I can’t imagine many people would drop $600 every year for a new unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back