Triton availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bledoux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to start out with saying that the Triton method seems to be one of the best systems available. I am looking forward to see the process the company make in the future.
I know yall are working on making it more available to everyone. With that being said is there anything that we can look forward to as a process place in the US
If this was discussed somewhere else I'm sorry for repeating questions. I am looking forward to starting Triton as soon as my tank is done cycling

DaveC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering the same thing as I approach month 2 on my tank. When will the supply issues be worked out?

OP
OP
B

Bledoux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just asking as a way to help with low supply issues. I am hoping to be able to run this without waiting months for it to be available.

OP
OP
B

Bledoux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bashing in any way just a question in the growth of the company

OP
OP
B

Bledoux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem is I have to rely mostly on mail orders the closest lfs to me is more than a 3hour drive.

CapAquaATX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, wholesale customers are having the same availability issues and I certainly have the same concerns. I think the overwhelming popularity of the products has given Triton some extreme growing pains. I was told another smaller shipment will be landing soon followed by a large ocean container behind it. I already asked about the NEXT ocean container and didn't have a date on it yet.

Ocean container will contain your larger 4L containers, etc. They can't air freight the big ones and and have been bringing in the 1L bottles as fast as they can to keep something in stock.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, thanks for the interest! CapAquaATX is right on the money; we are working on the paperwork to have a small order into the country this week, and a cargo container will arrive mid April.

OP
OP
B

Bledoux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt that the Triton company is doing there best trying to meet demand. Guess the main question is do you believe it will fix supply issues after the April shipment. Of course no one can see the future

CapAquaATX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based purely on their presence at trade shows and increased activity here, I'd say no. They are going to have to get into a more regular rhythm with their ocean containers.

BRS for instance has a huge buying power and warehouse space. If they could get it, it would always be in stock on their website

OP
OP
B

Bledoux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I seen that BRS sold over 200 units in 24 hour it is where I purchase most of my equipment from them endorsing triton was one of the reasons I looked in to it

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the research stage of setting up my first reef tank.
Have the tank and stand almost worked out with the manufacturer and should have it soon.
As promising as the Triton system is, at this point its at the bottom of my list do to the fact the product is almost unavailable.
If I do something and crash my tank lesson learned, but a crash caused by not having the right components available is unacceptable.
I was wondering what the shelf life is of the products, as I have not found any documentation on that so far.
Fewer water changes sounds real good though.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@K7BMG The shelf life is many years. Regarding availability, this is a recent phenomena, caused by a now sorted out sealing sealing issue. I have thousands of units en-route to the USA at present.

I am curious as to the specs of your tank, what is your display tank volume, refugium volume?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim2
The tank is approx. 150G, 24x24x60 rimless with Starfire glass but it has a 360 degree view with the overflow and return built into the center on one end.
Have been looking at the Triton 44, Synergy 44, or having one made for the sump if I go with the Triton system.

Maybe by the time I get everything put together the dry spell will be over sounds like?
Plan on using a H380 for the refugium, maybe two if I go even bigger with a custom fuge sump around 20W x 30L x 26T,
Maybe that is excessive, but the jury is still out and debating on sumps and filtration altogether.
Want it right over rush.

OP
OP
B

Bledoux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started sca 50 cube tank with the sump that came with the tank removing some baffles that gives it roughly 4.5 gal refuge but it's only 6inch deep kessil h80 will be on it I have 3 different types of macro on the way. Just wast to state again that I'm in no way complaining. Just wanting information on growth for the future of the company or new facilities to help distribute production.

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 gallon with a 20 gallon tank detach refugium and another 30 gallons on the sum been used be the protein skimmer right now. I will like to know How much will I need to dose to Star the full triton?

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry if this is an old thread, but I'm starting up a new tank and in the next month would like to start the Triton method, but once again I see it is out of stock everywhere.

This seems to be a constant problem and I keep seeing the statement that the supply problems have been worked out. Have they? Hard to support a company that can't support you.

Should I try a different route?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back