Triton availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the update. I appreciate it.

@Jason mack there is not yet a timeline on the N-DOC in Europe.

@JMetaxas I'm right here if you have some questions. I check this forum twice a day to tackle questions. If you are looking to start up your 180, the powder format will be available and in retailer's hands before your tank is cycled and long before your tank is ready to dose.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any available there now? Do I have the correct site?

https://uniquecorals.com/search?q=Triton

Maybe it is a UK site? I've read there is no problem in the UK, just the USA.

They were the first to bring Triton to the US and are based out of LA (I think) and NYC.

I am by no means a Triton hater, but the supply issues are frustrating. According to my doser I've got 19 days left of core 7 (give or take). So I'm likely going to be bone dry by the time anyone here in the US has a set they can send. Hopefully I can jump on it as soon they show in stock and before they sell out. Anyone know of someone that has some in stock here in the US? or hell I'd buy 250 ml or so off someone! :)

@Tim2@Triton just want to make sure I am reading something right. Are there plans to address the cardboard carton issues across the board due to the failure rate? While I haven't been on the receiving end of a leaky carton, I did tip over a Potassium yesterday on my shelf. Since there is no way to seal it, it started to empty. I was right there but had I not noticed, I would have lost over half that bottle.

I've got a set of Core7 that are maybe half full. If you're near 18661, we could work something out but I can't ship them.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jason mack there is not yet a timeline on the N-DOC in Europe.

@JMetaxas I'm right here if you have some questions. I check this forum twice a day to tackle questions. If you are looking to start up your 180, the powder format will be available and in retailer's hands before your tank is cycled and long before your tank is ready to dose.

Tim, new or old, when will the USA see Triton Core7 at either Bulk Reef Supply or Unique Corals ? 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 7 weeks, 8 weeks, ?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquacCave has Triton Core 7 full Triton method in stock now. Just purchased some myself.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, but they have on 3 ....count them, 3 times.....took my money and backordered blaming the supplier. I ordered also on Friday, but I do NOT believe they will fill my order, but they have my money. Common practice for them. I have the emails to prove it. Refund after refund after refund....Does anyone think AquaCave really has it when there #1 partners don't, Unique and BRS, I ordered to prove a point. I will enjoy the responses and share witht the forum.

Last edited:

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, but they have on 3 ....count them, 3 times.....took my money and backordered blaming the supplier. I ordered also on Friday, but I do NOT believe they will fill my order, but they have my money. Common practice for them. I have the emails to prove it. Refund after refund after refund....Does anyone think AquaCave really has it when there #1 partners don't, Unique and BRS, I ordered to prove a point. I will enjoy the responses and share witht the forum.
hmm. I don't doubt your troubles with Aquacave but I have not experienced that. Mine are in the mail and I have UPS tracking confirming in transit.

TheCoralLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am by no means a Triton hater, but the supply issues are frustrating. According to my doser I've got 19 days left of core 7 (give or take). So I'm likely going to be bone dry by the time anyone here in the US has a set they can send. Hopefully I can jump on it as soon they show in stock and before they sell out. Anyone know of someone that has some in stock here in the US? or hell I'd buy 250 ml or so off someone! :)

@Tim2@Triton just want to make sure I am reading something right. Are there plans to address the cardboard carton issues across the board due to the failure rate? While I haven't been on the receiving end of a leaky carton, I did tip over a Potassium yesterday on my shelf. Since there is no way to seal it, it started to empty. I was right there but had I not noticed, I would have lost over half that bottle.

We have the core7 base element sets on hand but awaiting for powder form to hit distribution from the issues of the cartons

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unique corals. talk to donna or tim at their van nuys facility.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will the powder be mixed as dilution or concentrate? One of the things I like about ATI, is it's a dilution which makes it more resilient to dosing errors. A little confused to about the discussion above, will all 4 bottles now be replaced by powder?

Only components 3a and 3b will be produced in powder format. Same chemical, without the addition of water, so it will survive shipping

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But the question is can you keep suppliers shelves stocked? "Several pallets worth", is an empty statement. How have you scaled your production to meet demand? If you haven't then shortages will continue.

Redpine, Thank you for the unsolicited advice. I am being 100% transparent here; production is not what is preventing inventory from hitting shelves.

Weapons462

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who are the "Other Guys"? I'm interested in knowing. I'm approaching the end of my supply and can't find more. Is there a viable competitor?

Firebat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do ESV cal, alk, mag and add Korallin Zucht 4 part system. Alternatively, you could run a calcium reactor. I recently switched back to a calcium reactor and my tank is doing great.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @redpine42 I have currently throttled back sales of Core7 in 1000ml sets as we get ready to switch to the powdered format. I am sitting on several pallets worth at present. The leaking container issue has lingered, and rather than continue to send out cartons with a higher than acceptable failure rate, we have decided to let those containers age out of circulation and change over to the powdered containers. The eta for the new containers is just over 3 weeks time, so by the time you are ready to begin dosing your tank for Alk, Cal and Mag, the new format will be in the market.

Three weeks today. I still don't see any supplies. Any new ETA or info? My tank is cycled and ready to go.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three weeks today. I still don't see any supplies. Any new ETA or info? My tank is cycled and ready to go.
Just over, not to the day my friend. Word from Europe is that the shipment has been picked up and is in transit. It then has to clear customs. My job it to then distribute it out to retailers. @Want2BS8ed I think this satisfies your question as well

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just over, not to the day my friend. Word from Europe is that the shipment has been picked up and is in transit. It then has to clear customs. My job it to then distribute it out to retailers. @Want2BS8ed I think this satisfies your question as well

No, Tim, unfortunately it does not. You stated:

I am being 100% transparent here; production is not what is preventing inventory from hitting shelves.

If not production, then what has prevented inventory from hitting shelves?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back