Triton availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never understand people who hate on certain products who aren't even using the products.

Thanks for your input Dood, but one can't use a product one can't get and I ran out of Core 7 a long time ago... and no hate for the product or method, just the lack of clarity from the manufacturer over the past 9 months. I am the OP for a similar thread and the same questions are being asked today that were being asked back in January.

If one is committing to "100% transparency" and refuting the speculation posited on production, then why not explain what's really happening?

CapAquaATX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunate update from me, I finally dealt with the horrible leaking packaging all of you have already had to deal with.

To be blunt, the packaging is horrible and if Triton believes that changing 3a and 3b to powder will fix the issue, I’m done. I had potassium leak, manganese leak, all my 3a and 3b containers leak. I sat the product on a shelf for 2 weeks and it started to leak. I am not opening the product and pouring it into something from the container store so it doesn’t leak all over my shelves.

I applaud Triton’s idea to use less plastic but y’all have got to be kidding me. A milk carton isn’t going to survive shipping from Europe to the US and then go through our shipping gauntlet here in the states. Why would you completely change the way all your product is delivered with no backup plan or testing?

Great product that will be completely undone by their inability to meet demand. On another note, I do not want to hear about another supplement, test, etc until Triton figures out the shipping problem.

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be blunt, the packaging is horrible and if Triton believes that changing 3a and 3b to powder will fix the issue, I’m done. I had potassium leak, manganese leak, all my 3a and 3b containers leak. I sat the product on a shelf for 2 weeks and it started to leak. I am not opening the product and pouring it into something from the container store so it doesn’t leak all over my shelves.

I dont disagree with your thoughts on those new containers. Theres got to be a better balance of being nice to the environment and serving customers.

My understanding is they are changing what type of cardboard those containers are made out of so they can be sealed at a higher trmperature for a stronger bond. The 3a and 3b are changing to powder because of their corrosive nature they were causing more seams to fail.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

CapAquaATX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be but the months they’ve had to fix this issue or revert back to the old container has soured my opinion it will be figured out quickly. These new containers also sound wonderful on paper and I assume have the same R&D of the initial release.

I also have to feel that not going back to the original plastic bottle (while they work out the kinks of the new packaging) is an issue of profit, not an environmental one.

wake122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I messaged BRS and asked them when they would be getting more of the "core 7" in and here is what they said.

""It looks like they are working on making the additives better for shipping so it may take a little longer than normal for us to get that back in stock. We are hoping that we will get more in about a month or so, but I recommend signing up for the notification email as the manufacturer has not given us a date yet.""

Looks like it is going to be awhile before this is available again...

TheCoralLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are supposed to be hitting Triton West anytime soon is how we understood as a retailer being we are biting at the bit to fulfill these for our customer base as well being we have a box of junk 3a & 3b containers sitting in our backroom at the moment.

CapAquaATX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retailer here too, I can’t get replacements for what leaked or a new order.

When the entire key to success to our hobby is consistency, this becomes something I can’t tolerate. I’ve setup several systems to run Triton specifically and I believe in the product. This is all worthless if I can’t get it.

wake122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I just spent $700 on a custom sump that revolves around this method. I am almost wishing I didn't now if the availability is going to be so scarce. I'm just glad it is not currently up and running...

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I just spent $700 on a custom sump that revolves around this method. I am almost wishing I didn't now if the availability is going to be so scarce. I'm just glad it is not currently up and running...

I didn't quite spend the same, but I modified my sump for Triton. Still going to grow chaeto to fight algae and probably going to start with the other guys.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running out of Triton also. If I can't get some in the next 2 weeks, I'm done with them...

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local shop has some and they ship. Just picked up my second batch on month 4 now. I built a new sump too. I was going to keep the same sump if I could not find again, still agree with their refugium first and I really do not like socks.

https://aquatic-sealife.com

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big deciding question is not if it will be restocked soon, but once it is restocked, how long will it last. If they run out of supply in a day or two you have the same problem.

wake122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. We have to have a constantly supply otherwise no one is going to want to use this method regardless of how good it is. I am actually still waiting on my sump to be built (hoping it ships in the next day or 2). I still plan to set it up and just do chateo and maybe do some of bulk reef supply 2 part just to get everything going.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will defend Triton here. We've all known the supply has been an issue, so each time they have shipped to the US and its been available, I have doubled up my order. The cost to double or triple up your Triton order is the cost of one silly frag of 1" that cost you $250.00. So so spending $150.00 at one time, for a 6 month to 1 year supply seems like a pretty easy sacrifice. I have 4 cases on hand, they don't leak, and I'll double or triple up again next time its available. Continued great success to Triton, if most of the complainers ever owned and operated a business, they would understand how great of a success story Triton is, and they would applaud them online instead of bash them. Also they are as transparent as they can be without loading the complainers guns with ammo when things they cannot control ( shipping internationally ) go wrong, and their reputation is again being destroyed online with complainers.

Hats off to Triton !!!! Keep up the success and don't let the naysayers curve your plan and great success.

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will defend Triton here. We've all known the supply has been an issue, so each time they have shipped to the US and its been available, I have doubled up my order. The cost to double or triple up your Triton order is the cost of one silly frag of 1" that cost you $250.00. So so spending $150.00 at one time, for a 6 month to 1 year supply seems like a pretty easy sacrifice. I have 4 cases on hand, they don't leak, and I'll double or triple up again next time its available. Continued great success to Triton, if most of the complainers ever owned and operated a business, they would understand how great of a success story Triton is, and they would applaud them online instead of bash them. Also they are as transparent as they can be without loading the complainers guns with ammo when things they cannot control ( shipping internationally ) go wrong, and their reputation is again being destroyed online with complainers.

Hats off to Triton !!!! Keep up the success and don't let the naysayers curve your plan and great success.

Mostly agree with you. There are definitely a lot of moving parts in this situation and a lot of them we dont know and will never know.

That being said, I think they cant afford any more missteps with packaging and supply issues. I think more people will move on if things continue.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not a complainer since I've never used there system. Just evaluating on the facts concerning supply. I've worked in both Logistics and Customs. Keeping a steady supply from an overseas source to retail in the US is not rocket Science. The US distributor is failing at keeping product on the shelf, and I doubt it has anything to do with shipping from Germany to this country, unless Triton is also shipping weapons to embargo'd countries. In modern times there is no reason to have these kinds of problems. Companies that do eventually go out of business. If you can't meet demand your competitors will.

With that in mind if they fail to keep product in stock I will use the competitor's product.

wake122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not everyone can afford to double and triple their orders. This hobby is expensive enough as it is. All I am asking for is some sort of a time frame on when more product can be shipped and will be readily available. I also agree with Redpine42, I do not believe it is an international shipping issue. I work with oversea shipments daily at work. I know there is a shortage on truck drivers across the US but that is more of just a delay not the underlining issue here. I'm not trying to completely bash Trition hell I spent $700 on a custom sump just to make sure I could do this method because I found the results fantastic. All I want is constant reliability. For a business to succeed reliability is a key factor.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everyone can afford to double and triple their orders. This hobby is expensive enough as it is. All I am asking for is some sort of a time frame on when more product can be shipped and will be readily available. I also agree with Redpine42, I do not believe it is an international shipping issue. I work with oversea shipments daily at work. I know there is a shortage on truck drivers across the US but that is more of just a delay not the underlining issue here. I'm not trying to completely bash Trition hell I spent $700 on a custom sump just to make sure I could do this method because I found the results fantastic. All I want is constant reliability. For a business to succeed reliability is a key factor.

Maybe "convert" the Triton sump to and ATI sump? :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back