Triton availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had triton in mind my whole build was build with triton in mind. I’m dosing BRS two parts right now I’m ready to make the switch. I think I’m going to hold on a little bit more or give ATI a second look.

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had triton in mind my whole build was build with triton in mind. I’m dosing BRS two parts right now I’m ready to make the switch. I think I’m going to hold on a little bit longer or give ATI a second look.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will defend Triton here. We've all known the supply has been an issue, so each time they have shipped to the US and its been available, I have doubled up my order. The cost to double or triple up your Triton order is the cost of one silly frag of 1" that cost you $250.00. So so spending $150.00 at one time, for a 6 month to 1 year supply seems like a pretty easy sacrifice. I have 4 cases on hand, they don't leak, and I'll double or triple up again next time its available. Continued great success to Triton, if most of the complainers ever owned and operated a business, they would understand how great of a success story Triton is, and they would applaud them online instead of bash them. Also they are as transparent as they can be without loading the complainers guns with ammo when things they cannot control ( shipping internationally ) go wrong, and their reputation is again being destroyed online with complainers.

Hats off to Triton !!!! Keep up the success and don't let the naysayers curve your plan and great success.

hmmm.....ok....so there is a limited supply and its intermittent. Some of it leaks and is lost. Yet everyone should double up or even triple? Ok so then a "few" will have hoarded what little arrived in the US and the rest are left to do what?? It's somehow their fault that the product is sold out? Your logic is flawed.

Bottom line....people like the triton method. It has become popular. The entire basis is maintaining stability of your system. It does not matter whose fault or not....the practical end consequences are that your system will NOT be stable if you run out and can't resupply product. You are forced to move on after having invested quite a bit in this method. You can't blame people for being angry or frustrated.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm unfamiliar with this method. I'll have to look it up. Is it very similar?
ATI method is all about testing and dosing. They do not have specific sump requirements like Triton. You do what you like but dose according to testing and eliminate water changes.
The only issue with ATI is the concentration of their supplements will require much more volume than triton.

http://atiaquaristik.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2089/03/User-manual-ATI-Essentials-v2.3_eng.pdf

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI method is all about testing and dosing. They do not have specific sump requirements like Triton. You do what you like but dose according to testing and eliminate water changes.
The only issue with ATI is the concentration of their supplements will require much more volume than triton.

http://atiaquaristik.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2089/03/User-manual-ATI-Essentials-v2.3_eng.pdf

So sounds like its similar to Triton Other methods which you could then just supplement Iodine and Iron to convert to an algae fuge based system with ATI. No?

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will defend Triton here. We've all known the supply has been an issue, so each time they have shipped to the US and its been available, I have doubled up my order. The cost to double or triple up your Triton order is the cost of one silly frag of 1" that cost you $250.00. So so spending $150.00 at one time, for a 6 month to 1 year supply seems like a pretty easy sacrifice. I have 4 cases on hand, they don't leak, and I'll double or triple up again next time its available. Continued great success to Triton, if most of the complainers ever owned and operated a business, they would understand how great of a success story Triton is, and they would applaud them online instead of bash them. Also they are as transparent as they can be without loading the complainers guns with ammo when things they cannot control ( shipping internationally ) go wrong, and their reputation is again being destroyed online with complainers.

Hats off to Triton !!!! Keep up the success and don't let the naysayers curve your plan and great success.
Speak for yourself. If you are in any sort of business management you would be able to discern how inept Triton's response to a serious packaging issue was and still is. We're fast approaching a year since leaks and supply issues arose and they have yet to get out in front of it. They have a fantastic product and had a fantastic packaging system. Will never knock them for that. But I wont shy away from criticizing one of the most ill advised business maneuvers possible - a radical packaging change of a fragile liquid product that is shipped to customers. Especially when the popularity was exploding. As soon as there was a sign of trouble with the cartons a run of the old style bottles should have been scrambled and the new packaging R/D'd intensely before being brought back online. But hey glad youre satisfied with the shortages and packaging, most that I've talked to are not...

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speak for yourself. If you are in any sort of business management you would be able to discern how inept Triton's response to a serious packaging issue was and still is. We're fast approaching a year since leaks and supply issues arose and they have yet to get out in front of it. They have a fantastic product and had a fantastic packaging system. Will never knock them for that. But I wont shy away from criticizing one of the most ill advised business maneuvers possible - a radical packaging change of a fragile liquid product that is shipped to customers. Especially when the popularity was exploding. As soon as there was a sign of trouble with the cartons a run of the old style bottles should have been scrambled and the new packaging R/D'd intensely before being brought back online. But hey glad youre satisfied with the shortages and packaging, most that I've talked to are not...

Their success had me order my first set of Core7 right after their first out of stock. I’ve since fired up my calcium reactor because finding Core7 was difficult and I’ve had several leakers. For now, I’ll just use them for testing.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CapAquaATX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all of you defending Triton from “bashing” are missing the point. Everyone in this forum loves the product and are beyond frustrated they simply can’t get it.

Rock hit the nail on the head, why aren’t we back in the plastic containers that had a 0 fail rate? I do not think changing 3a and 3b to powder will alleviate the current problems. Potassium and other supplements will continue to leak and we will get some other bandaid fix 2 months from now.

We’ve waited a year, it’s time for the US distributor to get their stuff together or Triton should find someone else who can. I’m tired of waiting for ocean containers to make it here, the demand is apparent so order more.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So BRS just posted an update to the BRS160 and they address the Triton issue. Basically, it sounds like they were not ready for the demand and hired a consultant to "go greener" and the recommended cartons were a poor choice.

Again....without product those running the triton full method are forced to go elsewhere if they cannot obtain the supplements. The anxiety and frustration is understandable given the risks to the system when one makes changes. Especially those systems focused on high end SPS.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at the point where I want to start dosing my tank. Still no triton and no confidence in their future, so I’ve ordered their competitors product.

Maybe if they get a stable supply I’ll try in the future.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is currently restocked with Triton Core 7. I bought some last week.

BRS is currently out (according to website) and said there was a new shipment due last Monday. Last week it looked like they were selling the old carton containers.

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is currently out (according to website) and said there was a new shipment due last Monday. Last week it looked like they were selling the old carton containers.
Boy, if I ran my business like triton, I wouldn't last. Not a good business model.
Bummer

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you
BRS is currently restocked with Triton Core 7. I bought some last week.
sure you received what you wanted, "Other methods" is available, but NOT Core7 Base Elements. Funny, as I typed this the "Other methods" went out of stock, unavailable.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just ordered the New ATI Essentials PRO, which is a Concentrated version of normal ATI (5 times stronger ) and comes in 2 bottles instead of 3. I’m going through a set of Core7 every 20 days currently so was starting to cost a lot and I hate using the new powders (if I’m going to mix my own might as well go back to balling). The new ATI pro should last 30 days (according to there switching dose calculator) and is the same price as Core7 and comes ready mixed in plastic bottles, so as long as it delivers on what it promises, it’s a no brainier for me.. and I save on 2 dosing heads, which I can use for vodka etc and get rid of my old pumps..

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just ordered the New ATI Essentials PRO, which is a Concentrated version of normal ATI (5 times stronger ) and comes in 2 bottles instead of 3. I’m going through a set of Core7 every 20 days currently so was starting to cost a lot and I hate using the new powders (if I’m going to mix my own might as well go back to balling). The new ATI pro should last 30 days (according to there switching dose calculator) and is the same price as Core7 and comes ready mixed in plastic bottles, so as long as it delivers on what it promises, it’s a no brainier for me.. and I save on 2 dosing heads, which I can use for vodka etc and get rid of my old pumps..

Awesome! I didn't realize this was even in the works for ATI. I'm with you in not liking the new powder mixes for 3a and 3b. Hope you're transition goes smoothly.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back