Triton Core 7 stock date?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a 525XL. But having to stock and hope doesn’t sound like a solid plan to me. Especially with investment into proper setup

True, but ATI seems like a good backup if they don't get their act together. And worst case, there's no reason a Triton setup couldn't be used for a non-Triton tank. I guess the biggest unknown would be what kind of shock the corals would go through in switching methods.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cara.lantz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch this guys, start at about the 9 minute mark, it talks about the stocking issues, what happened, and where it's going.

I’ve watched every single one of the 52 weeks of reefing. I know the current issues and the upgrade to the Mylar lined containers and such. I also know that quite a few people have been getting conflicting answers from reps about an eta of when BRS will have stock. I’m interested and know if I could get my hands on a set, I’d be good for awhile, at this point my question is, is it worth it.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch this guys, start at about the 9 minute mark, it talks about the stocking issues, what happened, and where it's going.

Thanks I hope to hold off on getting wet till at least February so I’ll hold off and see where it goes.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve watched every single one of the 52 weeks of reefing. I know the current issues and the upgrade to the Mylar lined containers and such. I also know that quite a few people have been getting conflicting answers from reps about an eta of when BRS will have stock. I’m interested and know if I could get my hands on a set, I’d be good for awhile, at this point my question is, is it worth it.
This

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think @CMO made the most valid point. Is there really much of a difference between Triton vs ATI?

The only one I'm aware of is Core7 regular supposedly has some other stuff for fuge growth that ATI may not. In regards to the viability of the method, I don't necessarily think the bottles need to say "Triton" on them to say the "Triton Method" of dosing 4 equal parts based on alkalinity, having a stable fuge and doing quarterly ICP test along with minimal water changes doesn't have benefits. The system definitely works.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep...water changes are back [emoji23]

Just saw BRS ULM update. The SPS and LPS tanks will go back to small daily water changes. They weren’t truly full Triton method but more an “ other” hybrid method. What’s interesting is how the SPS tank crashed. I don’t mean because of Triton but because it was too young a tank.

Based on what I see in the forums and now their SPS ulm tank crash...it argues for the old advice to let a tank mature and stabilize before going SPS.

In any event I still see no stock available and I’m wondering how long before we see the BRS 160 try a “new” method ( the elephant in the room...due to no availability)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep...water changes are back [emoji23]
Just saw BRS ULM update. The SPS and LPS tanks will go back to small daily water changes. They weren’t truly full Triton method but more an “ other” hybrid method. What’s interesting is how the SPS tank crashed. I don’t mean because of Triton but because it was too young a tank.
Based on what I see in the forums and now their SPS ulm tank crash...it argues for the old advice to let a tank mature and stabilize before going SPS.
In any event I still see no stock available and I’m wondering how long before we see the BRS 160 try a “new” method ( the elephant in the room...due to no availability)

I can say that I've personally started SPS dominant tanks from the get-go, but more like after 2-3 months of cycling and with one stick at a time in most cases. When Ryan and I were discussing this video I did wonder if the initial setup of the refugium may have played a part in the slowing of tank maturity, specifically as it relates to ammonia.

Trust me, the Triton shortage was a real thing with the BRS160 also. At one point I was down to scrounging the warehouse for mismatched Core-7 sets to slightly refill the large 10L jugs we've been using. About a month ago I was able to get another full set of 10L jugs, which will be the second set since we first started down the Triton path. As of now the jugs are more than 2/3 full, so I don't doubt the issues will be resolved by the time we're ready for more.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say that I've personally started SPS dominant tanks from the get-go, but more like after 2-3 months of cycling and with one stick at a time in most cases. When Ryan and I were discussing this video I did wonder if the initial setup of the refugium may have played a part in the slowing of tank maturity, specifically as it relates to ammonia.

Trust me, the Triton shortage was a real thing with the BRS160 also. At one point I was down to scrounging the warehouse for mismatched Core-7 sets to slightly refill the large 10L jugs we've been using. About a month ago I was able to get another full set of 10L jugs, which will be the second set since we first started down the Triton path. As of now the jugs are more than 2/3 full, so I don't doubt the issues will be resolved by the time we're ready for more.

I think you forgot the part of this response where you hooked us up with a legit update as to when that shortage may end since we're all getting different answers.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm switching to ATI next week, I'm about out.

I'm using other methods so I think it's an even swap. If I was using regular, I'd supplement iodine + iron to make it a more even match.

Noticed BRS just started carrrying FM 3 part w/trace. A week earlier and I might have done that instead of ATI

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm switching to ATI next week, I'm about out.

I'm using other methods so I think it's an even swap. If I was using regular, I'd supplement iodine + iron to make it a more even match.

Noticed BRS just started carrrying FM 3 part w/trace. A week earlier and I might have done that instead of ATI

Very interested in how the switch goes as it's on my radar as well. Equally important to product quality to me is communication which Triton is severely lacking these days (not just on stock issue). ATI seems much more responsive in that department so despite great results with Triton I may switch as well.

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been considering ATI as well, I literally just started triton with the left overs from my previous tank so now would be the time.

My biggest thing is I like the people at @uniquecorals, @joefishUC they have always been good to me and I think they run a good business.

Unfortunately UC is the one on the dirty end of the stick with Triton. Thankfully I’m in no rush, but I really feel bad for everyone who is in a bad situation and it’s possible I could be there one day as well.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the reason you're getting conflicting responses on when it will be back is because we had an order arrive in our warehouse, but some of the items were backordered. So we had expected it back in stock but we're not quite there yet. I have a note out to our team as well as our supplier to get tracking info on our shipment. I will let you know when I have a firm delivery date.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the reason you're getting conflicting responses on when it will be back is because we had an order arrive in our warehouse, but some of the items were backordered. So we had expected it back in stock but we're not quite there yet. I have a note out to our team as well as our supplier to get tracking info on our shipment. I will let you know when I have a firm delivery date.
Edit post removed - phone acting up lol

Last edited:

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @CMO made the most valid point. Is there really much of a difference between Triton vs ATI?

The only one I'm aware of is Core7 regular supposedly has some other stuff for fuge growth that ATI may not. In regards to the viability of the method, I don't necessarily think the bottles need to say "Triton" on them to say the "Triton Method" of dosing 4 equal parts based on alkalinity, having a stable fuge and doing quarterly ICP test along with minimal water changes doesn't have benefits. The system definitely works.
I switched a couple months ago to ATI cause I needed at least 7 Liters of each component of Triton/month to keep up and they just could not get their act together for almost a year so I gave up. As far as I understand ATI has assembled a 3 component system (since they are lower concentration overall they do not need the extra alk component) that supplies all the necessary major and minor elements to sustain a tank without water changes provided sufficient nutrient control systems are in place. So far I have seen no overall difference other than the first a week and a half where everything was irritated by the swapover. Things have since rebounded.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to go with Triton, based upon BRS's review, but there are too many problems with that company that should have been resolved by now. Started ATI last week.

BRS videos are great and provide valuable information. Instead of trying to source Triton for their own tanks, it would be nice if they showed a loyalty to the community vs Triton and create a video on switching or using other approaches, such as ATI.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to go with Triton, based upon BRS's review, but there are too many problems with that company that should have been resolved by now. Started ATI last week.

BRS videos are great and provide valuable information. Instead of trying to source Triton for their own tanks, it would be nice if they showed a loyalty to the community vs Triton and create a video on switching or using other approaches, such as ATI.

I don't disagree, the problem is that we really do think Triton is the best out there. But yeah, if it's not available for the community that's a problem. I can tell you we have been working very tightly with them behind the scenes to get this resolved once and for all. In the end, I assure you, we are thinking of our customers. Our #1 core value here is "Serve the customer above all else".

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did receive a shipment of ~100 1000mL Core7 Base Elements in our warehouse. It is not in inventory yet, but when it is, to ensure everyone who needs the product gets it, we will be limiting the purchase quantity to 2 per person.

We have another 300 shipping out to us today or tomorrow.

Back