Triton method sump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 90 ish gallon DT with Trigger System Tide Line 36 sump. Currently it is setup as beananimal drain (one full siphon, one open channel and one emergency), two filter socks, skimmer/reactor, refugium and return. I may not have plan to change sump in the near future but still want to see possibility of changing to fully triton sump.

Tideline 36 sump as link showed.

https://fragtasticreef.com/tideline-36-sump-by-trigger-systems/

Can I modify one of my drain (the open channel) to full siphon as well, and change this drain input to sump from before "filter socks" to "refugium" section? I have a gate valve on the original full siphon drain, so I can tweak it to have less water going to the filter socks -> skimmer -> refugium route, and have more drain water directly into the refugium. I know it is still not optimal, but would like to hear any suggestion.

Thanks!

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see what the issues would be. Use the largest section as the fuge. The return pump controls the flow. Unless you have a large bio load it should work ok.

OP
OP
coweyes298

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. What I am thinking is still using the small section as fuge. My skimmer is too big to put to the original small fuge section. The original fuge section is around 6 gallon.

So the change would be have one drain direct to the fuge section as main drain. Second and third drain are still direct to the filter socks section but they will not be a full syphon. My total system water volume is ~115 gallon.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. So it shows the smaller chamber to be 8x17". That's a pretty small fuge section for 115 gallons of water if your skimmer won't fit. The system is designed around filtration, and having enough macro to handle the bio load indefinitely. So you'd be running a hybrid method. Ultimately you know your bio load and if your system could handle no water changes housing minimum macro. Personally if it were me, one of my systems would be ok, my other wouldn't. I'd probably swap skimmers and use that's first section as a fuge or upgrade the sump.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/m...trate-system-converted-to-full-triton.325865/

OP
OP
coweyes298

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like not worth it to change the drain at this time. I will try triton other method first and see how things go. I may have change the sump to a full triton one later the course.

Back