Triton reef or base?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive just started to look into triton method, im currently running red sea program but one of my dosers is playing up so rather than get a new doser im looking into alternative methods for my tank, my first question is I run chaeto as my only nutrient control and it works a charm but the refugium is only about 5% of the tank volume so do I use Triton reef or Triton base?

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i Believe you would need Triton other methods. I know there is a ton of suspect about there AL99 but honestly i like it. it works well for me, i run it when the p04 gets a little more difficult to manage due to the excess feedings and my Chaeto is massive every other week, but always grows great, but still i need to use it to keep in the recommended range. i keep my p04 roughly .03-.05 from what Hanna tells me.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use othermethods...I run rowaphos in a media reactor for my phos ...

OP
OP
windemerejack

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't need to run any phos reducing media my chaeto keeps my nutrients at phos 0.05 and nitrate at 10, my confusion is that other methods don't require a refugium (I have one) and triton method calls for a refugium of 10% of volume ( mine is 5%) so which do I use?

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive just started to look into triton method, im currently running red sea program but one of my dosers is playing up so rather than get a new doser im looking into alternative methods for my tank, my first question is I run chaeto as my only nutrient control and it works a charm but the refugium is only about 5% of the tank volume so do I use Triton reef or Triton base?

Yes, you can run Full TRITON Method (TRITON Base Elements). If you cannot increase the size of your fuge, you may be able to add an algae reactor which will also benefit from the tailored trace elements and provide another avenue for nutrient export.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 114 58.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.6%
Back