Triton Sumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply Just share my shopping list for the last few years should take care of it!

lol, that's exactly what I was going to do hahaha!

We have definitely helped people built their carts for specific projects. If it's not something we carry, I'm happy to share recommendations for where to purchase as well!

Crystal Reef Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 5 different sizes in our TRS line and 3 that are specifically designed to go into the Red Sea Reefer systems. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of our designs.

clark griswold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 5 different sizes in our TRS line and 3 that are specifically designed to go into the Red Sea Reefer systems. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of our designs.

I freaking love the design of them. Really hoping I win the contest.

I did have a question about the dosing, I was just reading the Triton forum and they were saying the dosing is recommended in the return chamber. But on the smaller TRS20 the dosing racks appear to be in the overlow chamber just before the fuge. Is that correct. Any anticipated issues there?

Which Reefer does the TRS20 fit? The Reefer 250?

Crystal Reef Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I freaking love the design of them. Really hoping I win the contest.

I did have a question about the dosing, I was just reading the Triton forum and they were saying the dosing is recommended in the return chamber. But on the smaller TRS20 the dosing racks appear to be in the overlow chamber just before the fuge. Is that correct. Any anticipated issues there?

Which Reefer does the TRS20 fit? The Reefer 250?
Thanks for your questions! On most of our units, there are dosing holes in the return. On other models, there wasn't enough space to add it to that section and still get most return pumps in there. For a red sea 250, we have the rsr250 on our site. That is specifically designed for that tank. I can always move them to the return section for you.

klisby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your questions! On most of our units, there are dosing holes in the return. On other models, there wasn't enough space to add it to that section and still get most return pumps in there. For a red sea 250, we have the rsr250 on our site. That is specifically designed for that tank. I can always move them to the return section for you.

These sumps look so sleek!! LEt me know if you need to test out the RSR-350 on my S-500 :-D
Will defiantly bookmark your page!

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer 750 with standard sump, and I have struggled with Triton method, loss of Cheato over time. Layout is overflow return section/no bags/refugium/skimmer section/return pump.
As a result, I end up with the skimmer pinwheel (R/O Classic S202S) getting clogged up over time with pieces of cheato.
Can I swap the skimmer and refugium sections, with the skimmer 1st and refugium 2nd.

Sincerely,

David

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older thread, but I have a question about skimmer placement. I have a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL, with factory supplied sump. I have this currently set up "triton" style with Overflow/Refugium/Skimmer/Return sections. I constantly have an issue with skimmer performance due to small bits of Cheato breaking off and getting thru weir, and these get picked up by the needle wheel of skimmer (R/O 202S), which requires removal to clean out. Can I effectively "swap" the Refugium and skimmer sections around, so that the skimmer is right behind the overflow return/filter bag (not used) area?

Also, with regards to Cheato, I find that it gets clogged up with GHA in sump (none in tank). I just cleaned out the whole sump (in planning for possible move above) of algae (put Cheato in overflow section temporarily). Is there anyway to clear the Cheato of GHA? I'm guessing the GHA is out-competing the Cheato for nutrients, with N03 at 10 and P04 at .16 currently.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Sincerely,

D Greg

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older thread, but I have a question about skimmer placement. I have a Red Sea Reefer 750XXL, with factory supplied sump. I have this currently set up "triton" style with Overflow/Refugium/Skimmer/Return sections. I constantly have an issue with skimmer performance due to small bits of Cheato breaking off and getting thru weir, and these get picked up by the needle wheel of skimmer (R/O 202S), which requires removal to clean out. Can I effectively "swap" the Refugium and skimmer sections around, so that the skimmer is right behind the overflow return/filter bag (not used) area?
Also, with regards to Cheato, I find that it gets clogged up with GHA in sump (none in tank). I just cleaned out the whole sump (in planning for possible move above) of algae (put Cheato in overflow section temporarily). Is there anyway to clear the Cheato of GHA? I'm guessing the GHA is out-competing the Cheato for nutrients, with N03 at 10 and P04 at .16 currently.
Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Sincerely,
D Greg

In order for us to avoid chaeto getting into the skimmer pump, we added an additional filter pad (Lifeguard Aquamesh) in between the chambers. It's not 100% at keeping every piece of algae out of the skimmer section, but it did make a significant impact. However, I wouldn't think there would be any major/tank altering difference from running the skimmer chamber first followed by the refugium.

For GHA we had similar battles in our fuge early on, which we overcame with constant manual removal and more chaeto than you may think you need to start the fuge. I also believe that the GHA and its faster cell production leads to it being able to outcompete the chaeto to some degree. Eventually the chaeto should take over, but it may take some regular work to keep the GHA at bay.

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,

thanks for response! I'm going to review the locations to see if the swap will work. I had thought about upgrading to one of the new Red Sea 900 skimmers when they are available. I did not realize when i bought the 202S that it might be a little undersized with my heavy SPS/fish load. As is, when the skimmer slows due to build-up, N03 starts to climb. Waiting to see some reviews on the new skimmers 1st.

Will update status once get things sorted.

Sincerely,

DGreg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back