Troutt's Reef-Pi Build

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using a hot plate for most of it.

Also fine. Depending on the pad geometry you can end up with poor filets if mis-sizing or tombstones with small parts and big pads, but nothing you’ll run into problems with that can’t be quickly fixed.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 done

109283D7-6667-4FF7-AA58-9AD29173B78E.jpeg

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up close view of my soldering in case anyone wants to critique

EF2221D8-A3F6-4207-9BFE-C47FE197D37F.jpeg
Looking good!

Im deciding if I want to start hackin into my Beamswork lights today. Have everything I want on my build mounted in my case. I even left room for a ph board ;)

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have something going on I cannot figure out. There is nothing in the LOG or the ERROR section. But on occasion my right light will turn itself off. Reef-pi shows it as being turned on. How can I figure out what is going on here?

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have something going on I cannot figure out. There is nothing in the LOG or the ERROR section. But on occasion my right light will turn itself off. Reef-pi shows it as being turned on. How can I figure out what is going on here?
Start with the wiring?
If reef pi shows it as on I would check all the hardware and wires first.

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check signals next time I am home when it happens. Doesn’t happen all the time and a reboot solves the issue. My cat 5 connections are not soldered.
Check your punchdowns if you didnt use a tool. They can sometimes look punched but arent quite down in the slot.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
timer , macro? can you run journalctl for that time period, to see what reef-pi was doing? Checkout this article, which shows --since and --until flag: https://www.linode.com/docs/quick-answers/linux/how-to-use-journalctl/

Code:
journalctl -u reef-pi.service --since "TIME" --until "TIME"

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys man its been a minute. Sorry i dropped off the face of the earth. I started new job at the end of February and its been very hectic in my life.
Things are finally starting to calm down and a routine laid in. Anyway i have yet to install the ph board and sensor in my tank things kind of came to a screeching halt.

So i would like to know how they are working for those that got them off me? Also i am installing a diy ato i purchased the kit from aquahub and would like to use those sensors. Shouldnt be to difficult only thing i was think was might have to add some code for the second float switch.
Anyway feels good to be back. My tank got pushed aside as well ive finally got it taken care of too

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back