Tunze 7000 pump settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So maybe I’m missing it or just don’t understand. On the controller that comes with the 6040 I can control a min and max setting. Having the pump at 100% for 5 secs and then at 50% for 5 secs. While through the 7000 controller I can only find 5 secs on and then 5 secs off. That’s not what I want. I only have one 6040 pump. I’d actually want a random setting like on MP40s Reefcrest setting. So where’s the advantage for putting my pump on the 7000 controller?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have only one pump their is no advantage, in that case the 7000 can only do the same things the included 7090 can do, their is only an advantage with multiple pumps and being able to coordinate them. You need to set the 7090 to external mode and then set the 2 speeds you want it to run at on the 7000 and the number of seconds for the pulse, it will be functionally no different than what you can do with the 7090.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that’s what I thought. I was able to control the 6040 by putting its controller on “use external controller”. I guess when my 2 Jebao die I know what pump to replace them with ;)

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing I forgot. The update this summer, will it possibly include a random mode for the pumps? Or is that something in the near future?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We likely won't have a random mode, we base the settings we offer on the consensus of scientific research and that generally shows that corals do not benefit and can actually be harmed by random and chaotic flow, especially corals which need to feed. Studies show that natural flow, while periodically interrupted by storms and weather is very rhythmic and corals develop a pattern of "knowing" the currents and deploying polyps when it would be most probable to catch food. Growth rates tend to be highest when this patterning is mimicked. We use pulse to simulate the washing of waves and to broaden the flow by collision and alternate pumps to simulate the tides at longer intervals. The update is delayed, in the end you will have a much better product but we have bigger plans that involve new hardware but it is already planned that existing users will get a free upgrade, the only cost would be some down time and shipping it in so we can change the internals.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back