Tunze ATO 3155 osomolator and apex program?

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the TUNZE 3155 osomolator is pretty bullet proof, but as a fall back anyone have any advanced settings for the apex fusion you can send me? Basically looking for a fail safe so it shuts off power if it runs too long and send me alerts. Or, is it best to just turn the energy bar to “always on” and let the Tunze do it
All? Thanks

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had them always on and let them do their thing. Couple of ways I can think of a backup failsafe would be a water sensor on the apex that I’d the sump filled higher than it is supposed to it would cut power to the Tunze and send an alert. Also if you have the EB832 you could monitor the power draw and if on too long cut power and send an alert.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had them always on and let them do their thing. Couple of ways I can think of a backup failsafe would be a water sensor on the apex that I’d the sump filled higher than it is supposed to it would cut power to the Tunze and send an alert. Also if you have the EB832 you could monitor the power draw and if on too long cut power and send an alertt.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the TUNZE 3155 osomolator is pretty bullet proof, but as a fall back anyone have any advanced settings for the apex fusion you can send me? Basically looking for a fail safe so it shuts off power if it runs too long and send me alerts. Or, is it best to just turn the energy bar to “always on” and let the Tunze do it
All? Thanks
I believe the Tunze controller will automatically time out after 10 minutes. If the water level is high it will trigger an audible alarm. If it doesn't fill all the way, it will not trigger the audible alarm, although this is adjustable and can be configured to generate an audible alarm by moving a jumper in the control box.

A couple of fail safes you can consider in addition would be a mechanical float valve. Through the apex using an FMM module you can use high and low float sensors to send you an alert and control power to the osmolator. I'm sure there are other options as well, but a couple ideas to consider for your application.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have low and high float switches in the top off container and in the sump, connected to a break out box. If the low level is tripped in the top off container, or the high float tripped in the sump, the Apex cuts power to the 3155. Not super advanced, but it's another layer of safety on the ATO.

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the Tunze controller will automatically time out after 10 minutes. If the water level is high it will trigger an audible alarm. If it doesn't fill all the way, it will not trigger the audible alarm, although this is adjustable and can be configured to generate an audible alarm by moving a jumper in the control box.

A couple of fail safes you can consider in addition would be a mechanical float valve. Through the apex using an FMM module you can use high and low float sensors to send you an alert and control power to the osmolator. I'm sure there are other options as well, but a couple ideas to consider for your application.
That’s what I thought.. seems the unit is pretty fail safe in itself... so looking like I’ll probably just turn outlet to “On” and not worry about any fall back coding.

somekindabonita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had never heard of the not filled alarm option before - do you happen to have any info on what needs jumped inside to do that?

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back