OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more, getting a little more comfortable with the tank and with me. Still nobody bothering him. He's easily the largest wrasse in the tank. Every bit as long as Bonnie and thick bodied. Slightly different shape than the other three wrasse, more of a rounded nose than a pointed one.

View attachment 20180410_164833.jpg

View attachment 20180410_164824.jpg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Like the darker color against the pink/orange/red of the other two.

I got some bad news today regarding tomorrows shipment. The wrasse I was waiting to reveal was found dead this morning. Was gonna be P. Attenuatus :(

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Like the darker color against the pink/orange/red of the other two.

Me too, but there are three others. ;) Cf. pylei, C. lubbocki and P. mccoskeri. Tank is full of wrasse now. I was worried about some initial agression from the lubbokci, but it seems adding the other two the other week has given him a chance to adjust to not being the only wrasse. It could be his size difference keeping him from being a target too. All is well tho, everyone is getting along and the tank looks great as far as fish go. Corals... not so much, but that's an update for another day.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too, but there are three others. ;) Cf. pylei, C. lubbocki and P. mccoskeri. Tank is full of wrasse now. I was worried about some initial agression from the lubbokci, but it seems adding the other two the other week has given him a chance to adjust to not being the only wrasse. It could be his size difference keeping him from being a target too. All is well tho, everyone is getting along and the tank looks great as far as fish go. Corals... not so much, but that's an update for another day.
I forgot about the Hippie fish! :)

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, I bummed out and never even had him. They're going to try getting me another but you know how that goes. Back to DD I go.

I have had a few that didn't even make it into the box from DD, but when they ship a fish its always been in top notch health. The few that didn't make it out of their facility have been very few and far between. Actually, I think it was only those two black cap basslets we tried to get earlier this year.

Always been happy with DD purchases.

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m no expert or anything, i havent even kept sps coral, but the fact that theres polyp extention on the sides and not the top makes me wonder if it has something to do with light. Anyone else have anything?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red base is gone, and I'm not running that high intensity. I have birds nest one step above it and forest fire digi doing well on the frag rack. Its certain corals just STN in two weeks. Others seem only slightly affected, then others just don't care. I'm positive there are still heavy metals in the tank from somewhere. ATI test kit comes tomorrow and we'll send it off.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I think the Cf. pylei and the clowns will be the issue. The Brunneus will more than likely darken up some. Looks good.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Cf. pylei and the clowns will be the issue. The Brunneus will more than likely darken up some. Looks good.
Welcome to the Deep Blue Sea @HairyGary. Bonnie and Clyde aren't your average clowns. Completely laid back and chill... I got lucky. The Cf. pylei is a concern of mine as well, but it's still a female for now, and on the bottom of the totem pole.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the Deep Blue Sea @HairyGary. Bonnie and Clyde aren't your average clowns. Completely laid back and chill... I got lucky. The Cf. pylei is a concern of mine as well, but it's still a female for now, and on the bottom of the totem pole.
Thanks. Good to hear.

I was reading about your SPS STN. What do you keep your NO3 and PO4 at?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO3 was low last time I checked. It was around 1ppm. PO4 is usually always .08ppm. That shouldn't STN corals tho with the amount I feed.

I sent off a Triton test I won from BRS back in October. I think the sample was collected in November... it came back with extremely high Nickel, Molybdenum, Vanadium and Tin. I've been searching for the source ever since.

I've completely changed out rocks, replaced both DI cartridges, pulled every bit of equipment out of the tank and inspected it. Removed all the marine pure and added polyfilter and cuprisorb. I can't find anything.

Next step is another ICP test. I went with ATI this time as they include a RODI sample vial. From those results we'll determine our course of action.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back