OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This made me want to start a new tank and I just built one this past winter lol.

No just another new tank in general. Something about setting everything up and building a system is addicting.

I have a 35g cube whole system available... curse comes with it.

Lol, welcome to the Deep Blue Sea @Njdevils1220... you're right, there is something addicting about setting up a new tank.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came in the mail!

20180412_160539.jpg

Open the package up and it comes with four vials, three for testing tank water, and one for testing RODI water. Triton did not include a vial for RODI. They say this is a complimentary service and only tests for certain trace elements and pollutants. They each had a matching barcode already attached, where with Triton I had to attach the barcodes to the vial myself.

20180412_160741.jpg

It even came with a prepaid return shipping label. Also, something Triton didn't include...

20180412_160716.jpg

Instructions were also included on how to set up an account with ATI and enter my barcode. That took all of about two minutes to complete and the site was easy to navigate.

We filled the RODI vial straight from the discharge line of the filter. I've been making water all day, and it had been running non stop for eight hours, so no quick on then off that could allow contaminants thru the membrane. The tank water vials we filled straight from the display. All three of them. Once that was done, we placed the vials back in the envelope, attached the return label with our return address filled out and rode the Harley up to the post office to have them mailed out.

Over all, I'm more impressed with the ATI kit than the Triton. The ATI kit has a lower initial cost than Triton, $39 fornthe ATI and $44 for the Triton (altho our Triton test was free from the BRS giveaway.) ATI has prepaid return shipping, Triton cost us $3 to ship. ATI includes RODI sampling, Triton does not.

We shall see what the results are hopefully within two weeks.

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Very informative. How are the Mollys doing?

Must be decent weather for your to break out the Harley. Is thee a chance if you could post the pic of the it. I can’t remember if you posted a pic.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bike key ring, Harley XRX 1200, yeh the twitchy fuel injected flat tracker, stage 1 tuned with Vance and Hines twin race pipes, can't find a pic of the bike! ;)
Oh and my main hobby used to be leather crafts, I made the laced black leather fob! :)

DSC09946 by sshipuk, on Flickr

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Very informative. How are the Mollys doing?

Must be decent weather for your to break out the Harley. Is thee a chance if you could post the pic of the it. I can’t remember if you posted a pic.

Funny you should ask about the molly(s)... there is only one left. I tried acclimating them back to my 10g fw low maintenance planted tank with 3 cory cats. Only one survived the transition. It seems, that once you go salt, you can't go back... we already knew that tho.

The nano they were in is currently running itself, with the one arm banded shrimp and the sapphire damsel.

My Harley... its a 2013 FLS Softail Slim 103ci in denim black. Screaming Eagle intake with Vance and Hines short shot exhaust, with the baffles removed. Straight pipes... Its a LOUD b!+ch. Just the way I like it, loud and obnoxious. It's still low miles too, right at 7800... didn't ride much at all last year. The weather, yea this is SC... we have a very short winter. It was 85 here yesterday, rain coming thru today so the temp will be a chilly 70 today and tomorrow but by the time I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday it'll be back in the 80s.

I suppose you want a pic of the "black b!+ch."

FB_IMG_1507950676607.jpg

FB_IMG_1509505102218.jpg

Old pic from a club I was in... no longer exists. Also, old stock low handle bars. Baby apes are much better.

FB_IMG_1509505147935.jpg

Last edited:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice bike ! ! I gave up riding a few years ago. Too many morons up here behind the wheel. Almost got hit 3x in a couple weeks. Said that was enough.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice bike ! ! I gave up riding a few years ago. Too many morons up here behind the wheel. Almost got hit 3x in a couple weeks. Said that was enough.

The morons do not get any better at driving no matter where you are. I figure I have a 99.99% chance of dying at some point in my life, so I'm gonna enjoy it and I enjoy fried food, alcohol and riding. Altho not always at the same time... lol.

Almost got flattened by a log truck two years ago. I was slowing down to turn left into the plant, turn signal on, riding close to the yellow line like I always do... looked in the mirror, like I also always do when stopping and I see a truck getting very close very quickly. I had traffic coming the other direction so I couldn't bail to the left, bailing right would have required crossing the entire lane, dropping into a ditch and hoping the truck didn't go that way also... which he did. I ended up just goosing the throttle wide open as I was already geared down, straight ahead was the only out I had. All 103 inches were screaming their eagles off. The truck ended up passing me in the ditch with smoke rolling out of the brake drums.

Once it was over, and I had turned around and got into the plant road, I set the kickstand down in front of the guard shack and pried seat leather out of my crack... took a deep breath and that was the last time I rode to work that year.

Yes, I'll be riding to work again this year.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Them logging trucks are crazy... I was driving an Orkin pickup in NC and coming at me a logging truck dropped a log and it was rolling at me. Had to do a ditch swerve to miss it and some sweet power sliding to get back on the road... Boss didn't believe me as to why there was grass and dirt all over the truck...lol

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They ALWAYS run over weight here, always are speeding, and rarely have good tie downs. This guy was empty(leaving the paper mill a mile before you get to my plant) so thankfully we both didn't have that mess to deal with. Transport police love sitting on this stretch of Highway 601 because of all the logs trucks. Its guaranteed citations when they pull one.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found my other pics burried in a Facebook album.

Right after I bought it.
FB_IMG_1523811856832.jpg
FB_IMG_1523811864844.jpg

Reflectors removed... first two pics I already removed the orange reflectors from the lower forks.

FB_IMG_1523811873129.jpg

New headlight. Harley brand LED called a Daymaker, and why its called the daymaker.

FB_IMG_1523811812328.jpg
FB_IMG_1523811820876.jpg

New pipes, I have no idea what they sound like with baffles. Probably all wimpy and quiet. They were removed before I ever put the pipes on the bike. You can also see the LePera Bare Bones seat, the factory seat was horrible. Too tall and very uncomfortable.

FB_IMG_1523811796702.jpg

Rear view with the suction cup seat on. The Slim is sold without a rear seat or pegs... its meant as a solo bobber. I wasn't going to bolt a huge seat on a bike as curvy and slim as mine. I have never used the rear seat or pegs personally, I saw no need for them for a while. My ex saw things a little differently. Now that she's an ex, any chick that wants a ride can sit on the fender. If she can handle that I might like her. The seat has six suction cups on it, and takes some serious effort to remove. Everyone is always shocked that its just suction cups. The pegs tick me off regularly when walking the bike around, they usually jam into my calves.

FB_IMG_1523811773617.jpg

Decorating the garage shortly after I bought my house. Yes, it's still there. I believe it's in some pics when I was working on the stand back in October.

FB_IMG_1523811647206.jpg

And one last one of me, in my club days. Lots of fun and made some brothers for life... but I wouldn't join another one. Not right now. Just don't have the desire to put the time in right now.

FB_IMG_1523811839478.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Them logging trucks are crazy... I was driving an Orkin pickup in NC and coming at me a logging truck dropped a log and it was rolling at me. Had to do a ditch swerve to miss it and some sweet power sliding to get back on the road... Boss didn't believe me as to why there was grass and dirt all over the truck...lol
You work for Orkin?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden that is one sweet bike. I see the nick name Tirtle has stuck.

I've been Turtle for a long time... around a third of my life. Before Harleys and reef tanks. I have friends that get a weird look on their face when someone calls me Robin. I have aquaintances that only know me as Turtle. Then I have people I have no idea who they are, but have heard of the legend of Turtle... I just nod and say hi and keep walking when these people speak to me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back