Turtle's Deep Blue Sea

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the leather corals will help with nutrient export, the dwarf fuzzy would just go nice with the eel, I hand feed mine, gorgeous fish. :)
Agree with you I do

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the upgrade going to be. I know it’s peninsula. If it’s big enough you may be able to keep two eels

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
63" long, 25.2" wide, 23.6" high... it's this tank.

P-108308-Black-REEFER-650-Peninsula-DLX-HERO.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to do the scape with all branch rock. Lots of room for eels and fish to swim inside of and really interesting coral placement options. I saw a thread the other day with a really nice branch scape, but I can't for the life of me find it again.

If this snowflake is able to be caught, that will be one eel and probably a skeletor. I've always wanted a skeletor but I havent found the right one at the right time.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to do the scape with all branch rock. Lots of room for eels and fish to swim inside of and really interesting coral placement options. I saw a thread the other day with a really nice branch scape, but I can't for the life of me find it again.

If this snowflake is able to be caught, that will be one eel and probably a skeletor. I've always wanted a skeletor but I havent found the right one at the right time.
I really wanted the branch rock in my tank to be more dense. I tried working with BRS on 2 different orders and this was the best I could do. I'm growing staghorns and birdsnests on it so that in a year or two I may get a result close to what I was looking for.
DSC_0008.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted the branch rock in my tank to be more dense. I tried working with BRS on 2 different orders and this was the best I could do. I'm growing staghorns and birdsnests on it so that in a year or two I may get a result close to what I was looking for.
DSC_0008.jpg

That corner is still very beautiful. Better than a real reef. More like an animation it is so pleasing.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0008.jpg
That’s a very awesome looking scape. Looks like you can add the appearance of deep tank.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs has a bunch of branching reefsaver rock. Looks really cool

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've completely underestimated the awesome size of a 40B tank... I may have to set this one up as a peninsula reef in the future. Look at how cool this looks with just the blue part of that cheap LED on.

20180420_070655.jpg

Oh, the real reason for this post...

This nasarius, the evil shrimp and a few astrea are all that is left from my first CUC purchase just over a year ago. This guy is pretty big now. His shell is one inch in diameter and probably two inches long. He missed extermination in the Deep Blue when we had just about everything go wrong and killed off pretty much every invert in the tank. He's been well protected in the nano, and now he gets to live in here.

20180420_070619.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've completely underestimated the awesome size of a 40B tank... I may have to set this one up as a peninsula reef in the future. Look at how cool this looks with just the blue part of that cheap LED on.

20180420_070655.jpg

Oh, the real reason for this post...

This nasarius, the evil shrimp and a few astrea are all that is left from my first CUC purchase just over a year ago. This guy is pretty big now. His shell is one inch in diameter and probably two inches long. He missed extermination in the Deep Blue when we had just about everything go wrong and killed off pretty much every invert in the tank. He's been well protected in the nano, and now he gets to live in here.

20180420_070619.jpg
A 40B may be the best smaller tank size out there!

That snail pic is fantastic! You didn't take that with your phone, did you?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you've already said, but what phone do you have? Because my Pixel 1 takes great photos even close ups.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the S8+ was supposed to have a decent cam?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back