Turtle's Deep Blue Sea

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shave my legs, so there!

I did as well when I was bicycling in my early 40’s, but I didn’t keep at shaving for long. It was too much work but I had some great looking legs. [emoji1]

I actually had a woman cyclist pull up beside me on my commute home one night and asked how I got such great looking legs! I told her lots and lots of miles with even more hills mixed in. She didn’t seem to like that answer...lol!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did as well when I was bicycling in my early 40’s, but I didn’t keep at shaving for long. It was too much work but I had some great looking legs. [emoji1]

I actually had a woman cyclist pull up beside me on my commute home one night and asked how I got such great looking legs! I told her lots and lots of miles with even more hills mixed in. She didn’t seem to like that answer...lol!
Dang now I have man competition for legs. I can't win!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In high school my legs looked like I shaved them. In basic training I went 3 1/2 weeks without shaving before the DI noticed. Yep than the yelling and screaming started.
It took me forever to grow facial hair when I was younger... then it fell off the top of my head and landed on my face.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saltyfilmfolks, did a little experiment....

Removed the bag of carbon and GFO this morning. Replaced with just GFO. No change in the cloudiness. Added another bag to the sump with carbon about 2 hours ago and the tank is almost clear. So, organics from the pukani?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2017-11-13_16-46-29.jpeg

Sorry, couldn't resist!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've been having to replace the carbon every day to keep the water clear. I added the little Koralia powerhead from the refugium to the refugium. Yes I know that's confusing, the 10g refugium had a Koralia 240gph pump and since it's no longer running, I put it in the refugium in the sump. It has no mount anymore, so I zip tied it up to the chord and its sitting at the bottom pointing straight up. Is doing a half decent job of tumbling the chaeto, and it is adding flow so the brown gunk the carbon doesn't get in the water can't settle on the chaeto.

Lost a frag last night to RTN. Looked good yesterday, today totally white skeleton. No clue what happened, but I did a 6g water change on the frag tank just to be on the safe side.
Yesterday, coral in question circled...
20171113_235316.jpg

Today, nothing left but a few pieces of dead skin...
20171113_152257.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run a sock or some other fine particulates filter

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run a sock or some other fine particulates filter
I have a felt sock in the sump. I've been rotating out every other day. I need to get more, I only got 4 to start because they were cheap off Amazon. They seem to be holding up just fine so I'm gonna stock up on some more. Running the socks doesn't seem to affect much other than making the sock brown. It rinses out very easily. With the sump design, half of the water goes into the refugium, the other half goes into the sock and then the skimmer. I'm just gonna keep up with GAC until we get thru this.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, here's the update I've been dying to show you. It finally came in. We won this from the BRS give away from their video "10 weeks on the Triton method. Is it working?" Yes, we actually won free stuff! So what did we win, well it's a Kessil H380 and a Triton ICP test. We'll be hooking up the Kessil another day and when we finally have this tank stable we'll send off the Triton test to get a base line for all our parameters.
20171114_194304.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS is pretty awesome. They are giving away a Kessil AP700 this week. $800 worth of light!

Funny story, I had just gotten off of night shift and may have accidentally fallen asleep in a hot bath. The phone went off and startled me and I read the email about winning a H380 and thought "huh, that was a weird dream" and dried of and went to bed. It was only when I woke up to get ready for work that afternoon that I realized I had actually won a H380.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 153 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back