OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Married life has me on and off the list wait we are talking about Santa. Coal life for me.
Youre lucky! Im just ON the list. Happy that my dog house is big enough for a tank though!
Gotcha both beat... my "dog house" is called the bachelor pad... plenty of room for tanks, just need the cash. Lol

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update. Water is a little cloudier today, but it's taking longer to get that way. I think we're on the back side of this crud. Refreshed the carbon just now, 1/4 cup lasted 36 hours where double was barely making it 12. Maui ate two pieces of squid Tuesday, and he looks hungry again today. Glad he's finally adjusted to the new tank.
20171116_191653.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me, I'm more anxious than y'all are... you have reef tanks to look at. I have an over crowded frag tank that is ticking off SPS right now for some reason. Lost another one of the new frags to RTN yesterday.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me, I'm more anxious than y'all are... you have reef tanks to look at. I have an over crowded frag tank that is ******* off SPS right now for some reason. Lost another one of the new frags to RTN yesterday.

Serious, what are your levels, how is the flow?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious, what are your levels, how is the flow?

I haven't tested lately but I'm going to run thru every test I have tomorrow and see what's going on. The only thing I can think that I changed was remove the carbon and GFO but I do that ever other week or so when the sand is starting to look clear. The Kessil is on an acclimation setting, but it's going up 10% over 2 weeks but, I'm only on about day 4 now. I'm worried my blue stag is next, the sushi coral still looks good. I think I'm gonna try and move them out of the flow of the power head tonight. Might be too much flow.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryu was a beauty!! i think we need Maui dinner videos on the regular!
Here's an old Ryu dinner video. It took me about three weeks to figure out that he wanted squid. I tried feeding other things but he'd always turn his nose up to it. Super powerful nose on those guys. I had Maui eating squid in just a few days. With his appetite, I may be able to get him eating other things. Maui should be hungry again tomorrow, I'll see if I can get him to come out and hunt his food for y'all in a clear tank.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they actually smell the food before it ever hits the water? You mentioned while defrosting earlier and I kinda skipped right past it.
I have an Innovative Marine gourmet defroster. As soon as I put a cube of mysis in there last night, Maui started to poke out of the rock and shake his head side to side. This is how they smell in dirrections. I knew he was hungry by this behavior so I went to my freezer and got a cube of squid. I have them in an old ice cube tray. It's kinda like a cube of mysis, but squid, and bigger. When I put the cube in the defroster he got excited because he knew he was about to be fed. Its really almost the instant I put the cube in the water that he smells the food. That's when I started the video.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back