Turtle's Deep Blue Sea

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I almost forgot to mention, crop permit is good for another few weeks since this cotton behind the house is still in the ground. Got some fresh venison from last night if anybody is interested.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh... I'm just starting to collect some things here and there. Mostly, I go steal my Dad's stuff. He's 5 minutes up the road and if he can't find something of his he just texts me. I have him trained. The DeWalt orbital IS mine tho.

I have almost every battery powered Yellow Tool made to date and a few corded backups for when you just need more horsepower. Love my yellow tools.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I almost forgot to mention, crop permit is good for another few weeks since this cotton behind the house is still in the ground. Got some fresh venison from last night if anybody is interested.

Start the grill, I'll be over in a few.

I have almost every battery powered Yellow Tool made to date and a few corded backups for when you just need more horsepower. Love my yellow tools.

Go yellow or go home.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still working on this stuff, had to go get more Pepsi.

20171011_174921.jpg

I got this in the freezer waiting on this weekend. My brother(motorcycle, not blood... but stronger) is coming over Saturday and we're going to forget who we are for the night.
20171011_174831.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright while I've got everything taken down and I'm painting. I might as well repaint the back glass too. It's old, and needs to be redone. @Amoo, I want to match the stand with the blue, this is the Deep Blue Sea after all and not the Deep Black Sea(sorry @najer). What paint do I need for the glass?

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright while I've got everything taken down and I'm painting. I might as well repaint the back glass too. It's old, and needs to be redone. @Amoo, I want to match the stand with the blue, this is the Deep Blue Sea after all and not the Deep Black Sea(sorry @najer). What paint do I need for the glass?

honestly most any spray paint that isnt like $1.99 should do.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the inside of the stand? That's gonna need some tlc too. What? You thought the nagging redhead would forget???

I was going to wait to bring that part up.

Along with the fact he used a gate valve instead of a ball valve for his overflow piping. That'll be good times watching him coming here to vent while trying to make micro adjustments with a ball valve :p

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you talk to him about the clear coat? Are you gonna make me do all the nit picking? Wonder if he's made it back from the store yet? No let's just wait. I'm sure he'll enjoy ANOTHER trip.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inside of the stand is in decent shape. I cleaned it, and then sanded the outside so its dirty again. Im leaving it black too.

I didnt make the overflow piping. It came that way. I've thought about replacing it, trust me. I know all about trying to make micro adjustments on ball valves. I'm a plant operator at a coal power plant... I kinda know valves, I open and close them all the time. ;)

We're still a few weeks out from getting it wet. Relax guys.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inside of the stand is in decent shape. I cleaned it, and then sanded the outside so its dirty again. Im leaving it black too.

I didnt make the overflow piping. It came that way. I've thought about replacing it, trust me. I know all about trying to make micro adjustments on ball valves. I'm a plant operator at a coal power plant... I kinda know valves, I open and close them all the time. ;)

We're still a few weeks out from getting it wet. Relax guys.

Look here Mr. you invited us here, you're going to sit there and take your heckling like a good little entertainment provider!

I was a Navy Nuke once upon a time then did automation in a steel mill. The industrial life is real.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look here Mr. you invited us here, you're going to sit there and take your heckling like a good little entertainment provider!

I was a Navy Nuke once upon a time then did automation in a steel mill. The industrial life is real.

Dad is on the nuke side of the power industry, I went coal. I'd like to be at a gas plant, but the closest one(in my company) is almost in Savannah, close to 3.5 hour drive.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine. Blah blah black. When you light up the sump and it looks awesome, don't blame me that the paint looks like crap. I tried. :)

We are going to be putting LED rope lights around the top of the sump area, and using a magnetic switch to have them turn on and off like the lights in the fridge. It'll look good, I promise.

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait what the heck did I type?

Along with the fact he used a gate valve instead of a ball valve for his overflow piping. That'll be good times watching him coming here to vent while trying to make micro adjustments with a ball valve :p"

Fail....

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back