SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoL

I don't worry about my nitrates very much and only test them rarely. I try to keep them in a range between cyano and 20ppm. Yesterday was the first time I had tested them in weeks.

I haven't been testing this tank like crazy and just letting it find harmony with itself. If I test constantly I'll want to tweak this or that. Other than that one oddity where our big three fell off and I had to dose it back up... every thing seems to have leveled off.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sushi close up!
20180115_172936.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started thinking... I had problems burning my chaeto with the H380 because it's around a billion watts and I had it hanging around 6 1/2" from the water. It was growing on the bottom but burning the top at the same time. Now that I've got the Curve on there it's way less light. Actually, we need to check it with the Seneye... anyway, with two Kessils up top at 40 watts each at an interval of 12 hours, we decided to run the Curve for 16 hours. I realize I'm only using half the Kessil's power at peak, but the Curve is 9 watts, 3 3 watt Cree LEDs... 9 does not equal 40x2.

Screenshot_20180115-193922.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took my rastas a week to come around so i know the feeling. BTY the chaeto is looking... up and bigger, must be happy

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a torch and blasto bail out and new heads came in on the skeleton. Don’t give up on it just yet.

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blenny eat all my lps in one tank, one head at a time. Drove me crazy trying to figure out what was killing all my torches.

It's now a soft coral tank...

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blenny eat all my lps in one tank, one head at a time. Drove me crazy trying to figure out what was killing all my torches.

It's now a soft coral tank...

What kind of blenny was it? I've got Tim, the tail spot, but ivebonky seen him pecking at the rocks and overflow. Inappropriate Reefer on YouTube has a bicolor blenny that he thinks has been taking pieces of his monti cap out.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back