Turtle's Deep Blue Sea

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of blenny was it? I've got Tim, the tail spot, but ivebonky seen him pecking at the rocks and overflow. Inappropriate Reefer on YouTube has a bicolor blenny that he thinks has been taking pieces of his monti cap out.

Black tribal blenny. Likes to hang out on my yellow leather and inside the pvc pipe I use for algae feeding. Suspected of ruining my LPS dreams......but it did allow me to buy a Butterfly my LFS had. He did good until he died several months back. Now I need a new one....

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at possibly risking my LPS with a Centropyge... the pygmy has the best luck with not eating your corals so we will see. If anything I'll end up with a tank full of SPS.

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some times fish can be a PITA no matter how much you feed. But I like them more then coral so I live.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That big white spot is turning back green. Green means chlorophyll. Chlorophyll means growth. Growth is good.

20180117_132122.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also mean oxygen production.
It also means CO2 reduction... which means increased pH, which means increased coral growth! ;Woot

All good things, and I'm starting to notice growth on my birds nest... now if I can just stop knocking branches off. I've accidentally made two frags, which btw are also showing growth.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also means more alk uptake, make sure to test and adjust dosing appropriately

Of course, we test every Saturday with our water change. I think I've finally got the hang of using the Hanna calcium checker... now if they would just make one for magnesium I'd be set. That red sea titration kit is hard to read sometimes. So far everything is staying in check with just weekly water changes, except for that unexplained week where all 3 base elements fell drastically.

We may or may not be adding some new corals soon, so our alk uptake will most likely increase. ;)

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That whole pesky international shipping of livestock stuff... I bet that would be crazy expensive over night anyway.

Yes we ordered some coral, shipping is delayed until next week due to "winter weather." Im still trying to figure out exactly what winter weather is. They've called for it twice now and all I've seen is cold rain.

We're also trying to locate a pygmy angel, the royal gramma is the easy one... I know where a few of them are. There's a reefer about 45 minutes away that's moving that has two pygmys. We're trying to get in on one of those but I think we are second in line...

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or Texas tea

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use thap cr@p for gardening?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back