Turtle's Fairy Tale

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So uh, @Magellan's corals like my tank...

IMG_20200402_210417.jpg
What type of coral

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pocillapora and a teal stylo.

@Robin Haselden yours are also doing great! These nirvanas have 7 heads either grown or growing, and started with 2!
DAD4BAAA-93BE-4114-8473-94303FBF2F36.jpeg

On February 27th:
5BC38D08-2CD0-4F4B-B3DA-261AFA5763D2.jpeg
I've been interested in trying a Pocillapora

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been interested in trying a Pocillapora
I didn’t get any babies until I fragged a piece for Robin. But since then it has had several offspring! Easily killed tho, I just made some Kalk paste.

I’ve had it since shortly after my tank was cycled, it’s very hardy and a great grower!

top down shot out of the water:
71A8DD75-1678-47E4-8763-E54663517A16.jpeg

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t get any babies until I fragged a piece for Robin. But since then it has had several offspring! Easily killed tho, I just made some Kalk paste.

I’ve had it since shortly after my tank was cycled, it’s very hardy and a great grower!

top down shot out of the water:
71A8DD75-1678-47E4-8763-E54663517A16.jpeg
I have once lps. So one sps would do well.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I was thinking of you this morning while messing around with one of the SBReeflight fixtures and said to myself I need to reach out and see how zee Turtle is doing... Pop on here and see you on the way back from the LFS with goodie bags! Good stuff.

Glad to see the happy corals bud!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I was thinking of you this morning while messing around with one of the SBReeflight fixtures and said to myself I need to reach out and see how zee Turtle is doing... Pop on here and see you on the way back from the LFS with goodie bags! Good stuff.

Glad to see the happy corals bud!
How're those SBs treating ya? I haven't checked on the bad wrasse in a while... im a bad friend :(

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad friend just a busy one!

The SB’s are great, use one on the Scallywag tank which is my over flow coral/New Fish conditioning tank. The other ones in a box as my emergency backup or temporary tank light.

The Bad Wrasse is doing great, I’m still trying to figure out the sticks but making headway much like you... Fish and coral all healthy and colorful... I’m still working on getting the speedy growth rates Though. Corona has flipped my life upside down but thats probably helping the tank. No time to mess with it. Supporting the health care community right now is chaos.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad friend just a busy one!

The SB’s are great, use one on the Scallywag tank which is my over flow coral/New Fish conditioning tank. The other ones in a box as my emergency backup or temporary tank light.

The Bad Wrasse is doing great, I’m still trying to figure out the sticks but making headway much like you... Fish and coral all healthy and colorful... I’m still working on getting the speedy growth rates Though. Corona has flipped my life upside down but thats probably helping the tank. No time to mess with it. Supporting the health care community right now is chaos.
Stay safe... you mostly worked from home before all this craziness right? My job is sort of the most essential of essential jobs... making electricity. Cant do a dang thing in this world anymore without electricity. They've tossed around the idea of putting us on a 14 day quarantine at work. They asked for volunteers, but I'm smarter than that. It's a union job, if you volunteer to stay, that's on you... but if you are told to stay, they have to pay you 24/7, and after 16 hours its double time until you get to go home for at least 8 hours. 2 weeks of getting paid double time 24/7... adds up.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, sneaky peak time.

20200404_144150.jpg

We went to the store in search of rock. Obviously, we found it. I'm not happy with the tower. It's too tall, too shaded and doesn't provide enough hidey holes for fish. Bonnie(female clown) is recovering from Ahi's(tomini tang) beat down, but they are still tense around each other. The clowns have their trachy, they are happy. Ahi was displaced when I removed the branch rock. He's taken up the cave on the left, but it's just too close to the trachy and the only cave in the tank. Every time he swims in or out, they bow up at each other. Usually resulting in Bonnie giving way and retreating into the trachy. This has the trachy retracted half of the day.

So, I'm gonna fix it. I think I'm gonna bust the tower in half and see how it fits. I saw some other ones in the store, and one appeared to be a half size tower they had mocked up with some other rocks that looked pretty.

Edit: Oh yea, we had ordered 2 buckets of Fiji Mud from Marine Depot, but we received an email that they only had one in stock. As its discontinued, we chose the CaribSea Refugium Mineral Mud... but it's hardly mud. It's more like gravel, and has no wetness to it at all.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I removed the tower rock. Only ended up using two boxes of the rocks. Got a lot of caves now... oh and the surprise. We got a trio of anthias. Three female lyretails, Pseudanthias squamipinnis. Pictures are crap because the tank is FULL of micro bubbles. I got most of the corals glued, ran out of glue, broke the green slimmer twice, got bit by my clowns countless times, skimmer is an absolute water volcano... I'm done for today.

I need to do a large water change soon tho. That fluconazole did nothing but screw my tank up and make the ulva grow faster... I'm at about the end of my rope trying to get rid of this ****.

20200404_143810.jpg
20200404_145230.jpg

20200404_175135.jpg
20200404_175311.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back