SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been away again. Shame.

giphy.gif

The Nanobox light had something strange happen to it. The Blue/Cyan Channel came on mysteriously at exactly 2am one night a few weeks ago. Dave from Nanobox went in and reset some things. After that I was on night shift so I put the light on a wall timer to keep it from coming on at night. Once I was back off night shift, I observed that the Blue/Cyan channel was stuck at 100% 24/7. I could not turn it off and it didn't respond to the sliders in the Bluefish app. It has been sent back to get looked at and see what the issue is... So, were back to the 2 bulb T5 for now at least. I was promised that it would take no longer than a day to have it repaired and shipped back to me. I should have the light back by Wednesday or Thursday.

2am when lights came on mysteriously

20190509_232949.jpg

Lighting schedule, with clock and bar graph clearly showing light was supposed to be off.

Screenshot_20190505-021442.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been away again. Shame.

giphy.gif

The Nanobox light had something strange happen to it. The Blue/Cyan Channel came on mysteriously at exactly 2am one night a few weeks ago. Dave from Nanobox went in and reset some things. After that I was on night shift so I put the light on a wall timer to keep it from coming on at night. Once I was back off night shift, I observed that the Blue/Cyan channel was stuck at 100% 24/7. I could not turn it off and it didn't respond to the sliders in the Bluefish app. It has been sent back to get looked at and see what the issue is... So, were back to the 2 bulb T5 for now at least. I was promised that it would take no longer than a day to have it repaired and shipped back to me. I should have the light back by Wednesday or Thursday.

2am when lights came on mysteriously

20190509_232949.jpg

Lighting schedule, with clock and bar graph clearly showing light was supposed to be off.

Screenshot_20190505-021442.jpg

Bummer.
What a pita.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer.
What a pita.
It is. I love the way the light looks, and that it's two pucks instead of one, or else I'd have sent it back for a refund and just gotten a white AI Prime by now. He did email me a return label for USPS no questions asked after resetting it didn't work, and after the weekend when I could not get ahold of him. I couldn't get to the post office earlier this week when I got the label, but it went Friday morning.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read this post from start to finish. So interesting. Please keep us posted.
Welcome aboard @mmw64!

I've been a little slack with the updates, but then again I've been on auto pilot with the tanks. Summer is already here in the south and I've been trying to get my yard and lawn looking nice. This nano was stable from day one, so it doesn't really require much work. It's really an enjoyable little tank. I do have something special coming this week, so stay tuned.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard @mmw64!

I've been a little slack with the updates, but then again I've been on auto pilot with the tanks. Summer is already here in the south and I've been trying to get my yard and lawn looking nice. This nano was stable from day one, so it doesn't really require much work. It's really an enjoyable little tank. I do have something special coming this week, so stay tuned.
Will do.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its shipment day!

It's not all good news tho... :(

We finally ordered a pair of Dracula gobies with a pistol shrimp after spening much time deciding which type of goby we wanted. We ordered this pair from the Live Aquaria Diver's Den last week.

lg-0510191-181ps.jpg

It arrived today. Only, one goby was DOA and the shrimp is missing both of it's claws. Hopefully, the shrimp grows its claws back, the goby however I'm upset about. This will be my last order with the Live Aquaria and their Diver's Den. I've had too many issues with them this year with DOA just inferior quality of livestock.

20190521_120721.jpg
20190521_122202.jpg
20190521_120600.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back