Turtle's Miniature Menagerie

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why, but I was cleaning the outside of my tank with a paper towel and water and then there was a light 6" scratch where there wasn't previously.

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why, but I was cleaning the outside of my tank with a paper towel and water and then there was a light 6" scratch where there wasn't previously.
Seems like it would be OK. Makes me wonder. I've been very careful but I've picked up a couple scratches. I chalked it up to sand on the paper towel from my hands. Hmmm

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a new ricordea! It came from an auction site I talked about in the Fairy Tail... I didn't have that color and wanted it, so I placed a bid and won! Its orange with a green center.

20190827_165942.jpg

Mangrove update. The curvy one is doing well. The roots are pretty anchored in the rock and the top continues to form a bud... very slowly tho. It is directly under the light too so once it sprouts leaves I'm expecting it to take off. The second one has come loose a few times but I think I have it more secure now. The downside is, it's almost submerged. That's ok tho, as long as the bud stays above water it will grow. The foam is doing a good job of keeping them buoyant until the roots can hold the stem up in the current.

20190827_170248.jpg
20190827_170254.jpg
20190827_170301.jpg
20190827_170333.jpg

The ricordea I cut, and put in the cup to attach to a piece of rock, detached itself, floated behind the rock on the dropoff section and appears to have attached itself back there. Hopefully it's on a piece of rubble and not the main rock so I can move it into view. It does look like its happy back there tho.

20190827_170315.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen someone's tank on here that had a mangrove that the leaves were under the water as well.
Huh, everything I've read said to keep the top out of the water or it would die... maybe after its sprouted a leaf or two could be under the water...? But then the leaves is where the shed salt and the need to be rinsed with fresh water daily...

Idk, I'll leave them up like this so they can breathe.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots! Makes me wonder which tank in the house is your current favorite? Can you even choose?
The 90 is great, but this little tank is just so much color for so little effort. It's too easy not to love.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 year old 75W NEO Therm finally bit the dust. Failed off. Stuck my hand in the tank to grab the skull to do a bit of algae scrubbing and noticed the water was cool. Checked the thermometer and verified, it was in fact cool. Everyone looks fine, and 72 isn't crazy cold. I know for a fact it was the normal 79.5 last night because I looked at it.

I have a cheap pre set back up that isn't (wasn't) being used and two in the water barrel as well. I'll order another Cobalt, it had a good run.

Back