Tuxedo Urchin lost spines

IL613

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently downsized my 20G reef tank into a 10G, and every animal and coral seems to be thriving except for my tuxedo Urchin. He's acting normal, tentacles extended, but one small section of spines appears to be missing.

My guesses are (1) that he's stressed and (2) that my halloween or one of my dwarf red-legged hermit crabs picked on him. Thoughts?
 
hi,any pics ?
 
2 urchins in a 10 gallon? It's going to be difficult to keep them both fed.
 
its probably starving to death. get some nori sheets and put some under a rock or frag plug (to hold it down) somewhere they can reach. or set the urchin directly on top of some until you can find a better/bigger home for it

(I'm in LA and could use it.... I have a major algae issue in my 40g. PM me if interested in rehoming)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new