Tuxedo Urchin lost spines

IL613

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently downsized my 20G reef tank into a 10G, and every animal and coral seems to be thriving except for my tuxedo Urchin. He's acting normal, tentacles extended, but one small section of spines appears to be missing.

My guesses are (1) that he's stressed and (2) that my halloween or one of my dwarf red-legged hermit crabs picked on him. Thoughts?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,any pics ?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 urchins in a 10 gallon? It's going to be difficult to keep them both fed.

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its probably starving to death. get some nori sheets and put some under a rock or frag plug (to hold it down) somewhere they can reach. or set the urchin directly on top of some until you can find a better/bigger home for it

(I'm in LA and could use it.... I have a major algae issue in my 40g. PM me if interested in rehoming)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back