Unknown Acro . Different

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up yesterday . It is flat as a pancake on the bottom . It is fused in the branches but there are open gaps in between . It has baby blue tips. I tried the Acro ID and looked @
Glauca ,Rotusa , Efflo ,branchi ,soli etc . I am still scratching my head . Any thoughts . The tips do not appear to grow tall at all .
Any help would be appreciated .

IMG_0445.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm...I would say efflo at first glance, but the branches seem to be grown apart, where an efflo grows like a solid table. Solis grow close to the same thing as well, with branches kind of connected underneath.

Regardless of what it is, it has great potential. Hopefully you'll get some really nice color on it.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like an efflo,but usually efflos dont have branches on the end...right?

Nice find!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like an efflo,but usually efflos dont have branches on the end...right?

Nice find!

Yeah, every efflo that I've seen doesn't have branches like that. They may grow out a little bit, but they are mostly grown together, creating the solid table they are famous for.

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BT and Kelby . When I saw it I was like "Gotta have it " I am still polling through the Acro id pages . The online Veron's version ... I am getting a lil pooped so I thought I'd ask for some help . The tips are definitely baby blue . Have not seen the polyps yet . It looks a lil rough from dipping . I think it will be fine .

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, from the pics it looks like it'll be fine to me. I'm a table freak, so anything that tables...I want it in my tank :) Key to growth is don't move it. Glue that sucker down where you want it and leave it be. Do you keep your Mag and Calcium at high levels?

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a desalwii colony I used to have, but it was fairly shaggy. Here's an old picture of the bottom
IMG_1277.jpg

The branches stayed stubby as well
IMG_1276.jpg

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, from the pics it looks like it'll be fine to me. I'm a table freak, so anything that tables...I want it in my tank :) Key to growth is don't move it. Glue that sucker down where you want it and leave it be. Do you keep your Mag and Calcium at high levels?

I am went back to UNLS with A Next Reef SMR 1 XL and NP Biopellets . I keep a 8 to 9 dkh and calcium @ 430 .

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acros can grow differently depending on flow, light, and chemistry. My best guess is a soli.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am went back to UNLS with A Next Reef SMR 1 XL and NP Biopellets . I keep a 8 to 9 dkh and calcium @ 430 .

Nice, I'm ULNS with dosing vodka. I keep my Mag up with BRS DIY mixture, and my calcium is maintained by a kalk reactor. Good luck with this piece, looks great.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found an acro and it is a Soloitaryensis.....here is a picture of the solo. i found
acro_1-28-49-3.jpg

The structure looks pretty similar to yours, but it could be a desalwii aswell

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would flip it over..if i owned it,its for sale,but i havent bought it.....

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acros can grow differently depending on flow, light, and chemistry. My best guess is a soli.

I'll have to roll with that . I have a wild purple green efflo and it's solid . I also have 500 dollar efflo but it likes to encrust like crazy . It is just starting to shoot up branches .

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it is a desalwii since they look similar to planas.I have seen alot of maricultured solis that have come in looking like that,so I'm saying it's a soli.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back