Unknown Algea on Xenia

W28LF

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Location
Riverside
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my tank for 5 weeks now, and I've noticed something growing on my xenia. Can any tell what it is?

20201018_080909.jpg
 
I can’t see the xenia in the pic. And algae won’t grow on xenia that I know of. Seems the pic has a flash from the outside of the tank. Can you turn your lights on whites and take a pic without a flash? Usually algae in a new tank is common and nothing to be concerned about.
 
Appears to be macroalgae but pics slightly fuzzy
 
Ok thanks bro, I'll try another picture

16030360647228847223268788049573.jpg
 
Ok thanks bro, I'll try another picture

16030360647228847223268788049573.jpg
Wild guess would be a black sponge. But your rocks look quite new so I almost wouldn’t guess it’s a grown out sponge. Would need clearer pics.
 
It looks there are critters inside the the tubes, when i turned the whites to 100% it looked like something was sticking its feelers out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new