Upgrading my RO/DI?

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a marine depot ro/Di a few months ago https://www.marinedepot.com/Marine_..._Systems-Marine_Depot-MD9113-FIRORDNH-vi.html and its been fine, but would like to upgrade I think to a flush switch or atleast order new filters.. Not really sure if I can take advantage of the BRS upgrade kits or whatever it was I saw at some point.. Anyone have any experience with it? I dont really test my TDS as often as I should But thinking if I replace the filters constantly it will be adequate.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a marine depot ro/Di a few months ago https://www.marinedepot.com/Marine_..._Systems-Marine_Depot-MD9113-FIRORDNH-vi.html and its been fine, but would like to upgrade I think to a flush switch or atleast order new filters.. Not really sure if I can take advantage of the BRS upgrade kits or whatever it was I saw at some point.. Anyone have any experience with it? I dont really test my TDS as often as I should But thinking if I replace the filters constantly it will be adequate.

You can use the BRS Universal to Plus upgrade kit. You don't even have a pressure gauge on there, which is kind of a necessity. Almost all 10" canister systems are univeral with parts and filters.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the BRS Universal to Plus upgrade kit. You don't even have a pressure gauge on there, which is kind of a necessity. Almost all 10" canister systems are univeral with parts and filters.
Does the upgrade kit come with a pressure gauge?

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the upgrade kit come with a pressure gauge?

Yes, HERE IT IS. The triple inline tds meter goes on the line between your source water and the first filter, right after the membrane, and right after the last DI canister. The pressure gauge goes right before the membrane. You need to be able to tell how much pressure (psi) is going into the membrane. Also when pressure drops, it means your sediment filter is getting clogged up.

As for the flush valve flow restrictor... This comes with a 550mL version, for a 75 gpd system. You need the 600mL version they sell for your 100 gpd system. So I would call them and see if they can make the switch doing a phone order. Don't just buy the kit online because it comes with the wrong size valve.

Also, your system probably has a flow restrictor inside the tubing of the waste line that goes to your drain. It doesn't mention that it comes with one, but someone asked a question and they say it's in the waste line off the membrane (where it should be). You need needle nose plyers to pull it out. It's called a capillary restrictor. The restrictor/flush valve from the kit lets you open & close it for flushing.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy those items separately btw. So if you want to order it online, just buy what you need. You just clip the tubing and stick these items inline. They also sell a TUBING CUTTER for $6 so you get nice clean cuts and no leaking. You should have the tds monitor so you can see when all of the tds creep is flushed out, how much your membrane is removing, and what tds your source water is, then you close the valve to start making water.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back