• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Upgrading tank looking for suggestions

Akielb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started this journey about 10 years ago with a biocube and 2 years later added a fb marketplace purchased 55 gallon drilled God knows what self drilled tank that’s been giving me nothing but grief 4 times now flooded my living room… we are 6 weeks away from the wedding and replacing the floor and it’s time to change the tank can’t risk a new floor being damaged due to this tank. (The plumbing is done is absolutely horrible lesson learned). Looking for suggestions on where to purchase from either locally in Michigan or online that will come in rather quick. I don’t need anything super fancy as this is just my hobby and this tank will be staying with my parents after the wedding so it needs to be rather simple to operate. I am thinking a reef ready tank with a sump (if I can use the old one great if I need to get a new one no problem) I will be using the led (viparspectra) lights (2x 16in) so a canopy would be preferred so the lights don’t interfere in watching tv. Looking to stay in the 55-90 gallon range. Budget… eh would like to stay under 3k but it is what it is at this point.
I appreciate any and all suggestions/ recommendations!

plan is to remove everything add a few bags of well rinsed sand and use all old water with some fresh mixed salt water and hope I don’t loose anything cross your fingers for me!

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right now in SC Petco has the 50% off aqueon tanks going on. You can get a nice 75 for like 125 dollars. you would have to drill it or buy a HOB overflow, but it a heck of a tank for the price. Just a suggestion, its no bells or whistles but it surely wont fail you. Rarely aqueon tanks fail. Thats the super budget option lol.

OP
OP
Akielb

Akielb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right now in SC Petco has the 50% off aqueon tanks going on. You can get a nice 75 for like 125 dollars. you would have to drill it or buy a HOB overflow, but it a heck of a tank for the price. Just a suggestion, its no bells or whistles but it surely wont fail you. Rarely aqueon tanks fail. Thats the super budget option lol.
That’s what this tank has… it’s drilled. After the issues with it being drilled I had I really don’t want another drilled tank I would prefer reef ready for them. I’m sure this one was just done wrong but still rather not deal with it anymore lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back