Urchin symbolic with bottom coral?

Reefafarian

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2014
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida(Where you vaca)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a urchin that is always trying to find the button polyp coral colony and steals it while roaming that tank.
The polyp doesn't seem to mind it because he stays wide open the whole time on the urchin. Regardless of where we put the coral the urchin always and only goes for it. Is this normal or what should I do thanks.
(He has not hurt the polyps at all, and it's been going on for a while now )
 
Depends how much you like them. You could give him some substitutes. Couple lil Lego's will do-lol or plant matter. He's trying to hide himself from predator crabs and such. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new