ghost hug.gif

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24!
Good morning Dr. Sarah! Wishing you all the grace and grit you need to face your day! Spend some time watching Loony Toons and laughing till your sides hurt. Laughter is good medicine! Maybe you should offer an in service to some of the nurses today...LOL.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Drew Hitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hope ur doing ok... thought I would share a couple pics from a recent trip to Monterey... maybe take ur mind somewhere else for a minute. I’ve never been to Monterey and have wanted to go for some time... so 10 yr anniversary came up in September and seemed like a good reason to go! The squirrels are super friendly by the way... fed him bacon and bread an he hopped right on up

1B6D7CB0-8C5E-4131-A95C-6E84CABE7AB5.jpeg 8FDE167A-8C18-48E9-828D-32C9EA979A7A.jpeg D85995FF-710E-4357-A908-3F8694F0EAA0.jpeg DC1F1636-722A-4DD4-BF05-128DD9CFF2B1.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm gonna get Southern here for a minute. Suck it up Buttercup! You've got stuff to do. You are so much more than a few staples and months of physical therapy! You have an entire life ahead of you. Live it! Big hug!!!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends,

I’m soooo sorry I have not been on and well lol they moved me again because the bed had a kind of it’s own and the same with the blinds. When they moved me I didn’t have internet (phone service sucked there anyway, but their WiFi was down). Sooo very long days indeed. But happy to say because of strings my work pulled I get to have home hospice and soo I was able to be released and they come every two hours and rehab is here a lot and I’m allowed one stair adventure a day. Which that’s either going up or down, but only one.

my tank has survived for the most part, I lost a lot more corals but lfs took full blame and will replace those lost. My parents are we me one (one of them at least, 24/7). So they help direct hospice and rehab. I was finally able to sleep, and so far it’s been major stress reliever. I have dr appt every day this week, and three days next week. Still on super light diet like pudding, and chicken noodle soup etc. parents cleaned my home (not like they had a whole lot but was lovely).

let’s see, lfs thinks I’m crazy for not having apex lol and all automated stuff. But said they learned a lot because they had to test it and they said my log notes were huge help:

so what have I don’t since being home, well the pain is incredibly harsh. I have to get above 80 pounds in 2 weeks or they will banana feed me again. For emergency reasons they left my pick line in and home hospice cleans it daily. I’m limited to only 5 min showers because of the surgeries, and must use a shower chair at all times. (Shower was soooooo amazing actual hot water).

Parents wanted me to see my Jeep carnage and I am not ready and just said junk it. Like I have any other option lol. It’s nice to be home and I have so many meds it’s insane lol. I have been super exhausted and have to say I’m forever in debt to those and my work. They made it possible (thanks to the dr I work under), putting together an amazing home care package, and hr getting insurance to cover it. With out them is still be there another few weeks. I have one work requirement and it’s that I remote log into one meeting a week, I can handle that.

I’m still very much have a very long and winding road ahead of me, but I’m home for thanksgiving and get to be home with them. They all changed plans to my house this year since I csnt really go far it’s hard. I have had to make more than one trip up and down the stairs but very lucky my older brother has been around way more he just picks me up and carries me.

so home sweet home and this is the morning of day 2.
First day was hectic and all family was here I think I was out for the night around 630, but other than waking up with pain, my parents made sure I had all meds close to me. I can say they definitely did as much as they could for pain management. Which I have to see a special dr every 30 days now for that.

but to all and everyone who has supported and prayers thank you dearly and forever to your debt.

E6D53603-950B-4DE9-97F2-7A1FED77FF37.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends,

I’m soooo sorry I have not been on and well lol they moved me again because the bed had a kind of it’s own and the same with the blinds. When they moved me I didn’t have internet (phone service sucked there anyway, but their WiFi was down). Sooo very long days indeed. But happy to say because of strings my work pulled I get to have home hospice and soo I was able to be released and they come every two hours and rehab is here a lot and I’m allowed one stair adventure a day. Which that’s either going up or down, but only one.

my tank has survived for the most part, I lost a lot more corals but lfs took full blame and will replace those lost. My parents are we me one (one of them at least, 24/7). So they help direct hospice and rehab. I was finally able to sleep, and so far it’s been major stress reliever. I have dr appt every day this week, and three days next week. Still on super light diet like pudding, and chicken noodle soup etc. parents cleaned my home (not like they had a whole lot but was lovely).

let’s see, lfs thinks I’m crazy for not having apex lol and all automated stuff. But said they learned a lot because they had to test it and they said my log notes were huge help:

so what have I don’t since being home, well the pain is incredibly harsh. I have to get above 80 pounds in 2 weeks or they will banana feed me again. For emergency reasons they left my pick line in and home hospice cleans it daily. I’m limited to only 5 min showers because of the surgeries, and must use a shower chair at all times. (Shower was soooooo amazing actual hot water).

Parents wanted me to see my Jeep carnage and I am not ready and just said junk it. Like I have any other option lol. It’s nice to be home and I have so many meds it’s insane lol. I have been super exhausted and have to say I’m forever in debt to those and my work. They made it possible (thanks to the dr I work under), putting together an amazing home care package, and hr getting insurance to cover it. With out them is still be there another few weeks. I have one work requirement and it’s that I remote log into one meeting a week, I can handle that.

I’m still very much have a very long and winding road ahead of me, but I’m home for thanksgiving and get to be home with them. They all changed plans to my house this year since I csnt really go far it’s hard. I have had to make more than one trip up and down the stairs but very lucky my older brother has been around way more he just picks me up and carries me.

First day was hectic and all family was here I think I was out for the night around 630, but other than waking up with pain, my parents made sure I had all meds close to me. I can say they definitely did as much as they could for pain management. Which I have to see a special dr every 30 days now for that.

but to all and everyone who has supported and prayers thank you dearly and forever to your debt.

It's great to see that you are home! I feel that is especially important during the holidays. You can't heal your body if your mind isn't willing.

You should consider in investing in an Apex. You are in for a long recovery and the reef tank can be therapeutic, but it can also be a trial. With an Apex, you can give someone you trust, like your LFS, remote access so they can monitor parameters for you. Well, actually, I think you should get the GHL Profilux, but I'm admittedly biased that way. :rolleyes:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you at home surrounded by your family. When you get some free time ;) look on amazon and see if they have a Remote Controlled submarine you can work on your tank with.....or just terrorize your fish.......its something

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends,

My daughter said to tell you, you do cute selfies. Glad you feel better

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
PROOF that there's NO place like home and great news for the holiday, sanity, healing and peace of mind.
DO NOT STRESS out over the tank but take time to enjoy it even in its state. Tank can be rebuilt but you have to rebuild YOURSELF First.
Seems like the Family has stepped up and been a lifeline and inspiration..... A Great Family indeed !!
You look so Comfy in the pic. Now for Looney Tunes and enjoyment of your new home. Im amazed from time of incident to release . . . how fast it went but you proved to be a fighter !!
This again is really good news and a story that will end with a positive note !!! Proud of you !!!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. No place is like home. I believe you will make a quicker recovery now that you are at home. Just being able to sleep will greatly help.

I was thinking about you and your situation the other day and The interaction with the nursing student. I am convinced that you will be a better doctor because of this experience.

God Bless

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I didn't realize how long it has been since I read your thread.
I am so sorry about your accident, but glad to hear you seem to be recovering well if slowly.
My mother fell and broke her femur last January and it never healed so she just had surgery to replace her hip and the top of her femur, but when they were dislocating her hip they broke her femur again where a screw had been previously.
I see how much pain she is in, and then read about your 2 broken femurs and knee and arm and sternum and lung and think of how much worse it must be for you.
I am glad they are giving you good pain meds though.
They are not giving them to my mother unfortunately.

Wishing you the fastest recovery possible though we both know it will be a long road ahead.

Back