Urgh seriously.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have absolutely no clue but I can find out tomorrow when I go to work since they are a block away. I know it’s an expensive little machine :). But it’s really cool and takes like 5 min total to give you results. You can expend it for metals and other items but takes longer and I’m not sure how it works, but lol can find out.

You know lol most think hair dryers are made for us to dry our hair and make it look normal. Nope, they are made for drying pottery to get more aggressive bends in the clay :). Should probably get a torch for them and probably another hair dryer. But it was fun to shape it and still use water :). I’m thinking that once I get a new car or something I’m probably not gonna have room in my garage. Should probably fix that problem before that comes around.

F51CA118-7D9B-430A-9508-D98C3430B3B4.jpeg 2BE28575-2867-420E-83F0-8460ABD0567F.jpeg
Yet another amazing piece! Well done!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah, do you have a kiln? If so would you consider selling me one of your pieces of art? Glazed and ready to display? I love what you are making and sharing with us!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah, do you have a kiln? If so would you consider selling me one of your pieces of art? Glazed and ready to display? I love what you are making and sharing with us!

Hello,

I don’t own my own kiln but will have access to one from one of the schools here in Boise. I won’t sell them but your more than welcome to have one. They need to be low fired then glazed and high fired. That should come quick once I get the schedule for the school:)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I don’t own my own kiln but will have access to one from one of the schools here in Boise. I won’t sell them but your more than welcome to have one. They need to be low fired then glazed and high fired. That should come quick once I get the schedule for the school:)
Any plans to make your own dosing containers? I think that would be amazing!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to make your own dosing containers? I think that would be amazing!

Hello,

Ya know lol I didn’t think of that at all till you said that. I absolutely can make those and actually glaze them the actual color and glaze in whatever color saying whatever they are so it’s never an oops.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah, I’ve followed your thread but never posted . Your journey has been memorable and your strength to push through is obvious!! I love your pottery, your definitely an inspiration.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah, I’ve followed your thread but never posted . Your journey has been memorable and your strength to push through is obvious!! I love your pottery, your definitely an inspiration.

Hello,

Thank you it’s not been easy at all but im managing better now. Just kinda needed a break from things and somethings definitely didn’t help. I went back to the pottery because lol I hated art in school so took ceramics instead. I’ve always loved it but not sure why I stopped (probably lack of time). But things are getting a little bit better and a tad less painful, but still a ways to go. Definitely appreciate the kind words and I’m trying to post more. Should eventually start doing more fish tank related stuff. But my tanks being a brat so what has been working since day one just sorta doesn’t now. But like all things it will return and the tank will grow.

I’ll keep doing the pottery since it helps keep my mind busy and it’s fun playing with mud :).

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well this week I’ve been slowly working on my brat tank and no mater what I do, the aptasia keep coming back and it’s super annoying. One rock I’m about ready to just let it sit out and die/ slowly decreasing my alk back to 7-8 from 9.5 -10. No idea how it became that high. But clearly what has worked the last five years needs to be changed.

Now to save frustration on my tank I did do some more pottery And cleaned the portion of my garage where it’s at. Talk about messy. Anyway made some new shapes And already have people asking me for some. Maybe I can become a production Potter. Enjoy some pics. Lol yes I know this is a reef forum, and I will gradually or do a lot more info on my tank.

The first pic was my attempt to clean my home made pottery studio, didn’t work well. Need to spray garage out and lay a tarp down. Second and third pics are of a flower vase where I focused on very smooth natural shapes and added more design in it. The last one is kind la bowl for god who knows what. Didn’t like the shape a ton but would be a good planter maybe. Or popcorn lol who knows.

794A4084-59F7-4888-8DCD-3B054AD218F5.jpeg 1D009072-33DD-42D5-83F1-80781D5B02A3.jpeg 8EF930B1-FE15-46B1-B124-428C342BFCBC.jpeg 6276EBC0-C06A-48EF-80E5-5776E52521CF.jpeg

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sarah!
So I’m curious about the pottery. How tall are you able to pull without using your hair dryer? Not sure if you’ve already told us this?? Apologize if you have. Lol You’re so talented. Again, the pottery is beautiful!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sarah!
So I’m curious about the pottery. How tall are you able to pull without using your hair dryer? Not sure if you’ve already told us this?? Apologize if you have. Lol You’re so talented. Again, the pottery is beautiful!

Hello,

If I’m using five pounds of clay I can’t get 20 inches tall and by that time if higher or larger I’ll do sectionals. You don’t need the hair dryer to make it tall. I use the hair dryer to stiffen the clay at the bends. The top can get heavy by leaving extra clay to pull more clay for the top. If you make bulbous (closing tops in, large skinny necks), they can collapse etc. the last vase I just made I didn’t use any hair dryer on, but used stiffer clay with more grot aka sand. This last piece was 2.5 pounds and it’s just under 14 inches.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First off some how when I view the site now it’s a dark charcoal grey, is this the new norm, and if not I have no idea how to put it back. Secondly I will try and get new pics of my brat tank, all though it doesn’t look like it normally does.

At work today co worker she wanted some mugs and beer mugs. Didn’t know what a beer mug was so looked it up and wow so many variations. But I threw the large foot on this one so it won’t aka tip over. I measured some of my coffee mugs and the opening was 4-4.5 wide. But I was always taught it should be from between your eyes to lips which mine is barely 3 inches. But hey Thor May love this mug:)
Oh and The first pic is a vase that I had no idea what I was gonna make and just kinda got creative. Worse case if it doesn’t meet my standards lol, I’ll just recycle it.

BE08A88F-9CCD-4374-8F1E-D6BB9B47CBF4.jpeg A722450B-A264-4BCE-827A-7579CF2407F2.jpeg 68C482C8-E8BD-41A9-93DA-278AE614F21D.jpeg

Tumey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First off some how when I view the site now it’s a dark charcoal grey, is this the new norm, and if not I have no idea how to put it back. Secondly I will try and get new pics of my brat tank, all though it doesn’t look like it normally does.

At work today co worker she wanted some mugs and beer mugs. Didn’t know what a beer mug was so looked it up and wow so many variations. But I threw the large foot on this one so it won’t aka tip over. I measured some of my coffee mugs and the opening was 4-4.5 wide. But I was always taught it should be from between your eyes to lips which mine is barely 3 inches. But hey Thor May love this mug:)
Oh and The first pic is a vase that I had no idea what I was gonna make and just kinda got creative. Worse case if it doesn’t meet my standards lol, I’ll just recycle it.

BE08A88F-9CCD-4374-8F1E-D6BB9B47CBF4.jpeg A722450B-A264-4BCE-827A-7579CF2407F2.jpeg 68C482C8-E8BD-41A9-93DA-278AE614F21D.jpeg
Turn your phone sideways and tap the lightbulb to change the background from dark to light. I’m loving the pottery!

DC6ACC98-A340-4939-8EE4-D6E2B98B78E4.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn your phone sideways and tap the lightbulb to change the background from dark to light. I’m loving the pottery!

DC6ACC98-A340-4939-8EE4-D6E2B98B78E4.jpeg

Hello;

Yay thank you it was driving just bloody bonkers. Reminds me of a monkey who has a load of bananas but doesnt know how to peel them.

I changed my skimmer setting (it wasn’t doing what it’s suppose to do), and changed filter socks which about made me throw up in my sump tank. Not sure what’s worse me emptying my stomach in my sump or my nephews peeing in it.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So for those who like coffee and or tea lol (milk for me), here is what my coffee mugs or tea mugs will be like, (unless you ask for something special etc). It was fun to make and is 1 pound of clay: it’s 5 inch tall and and the open is fitted to me (sorry only measurement I had) which is 3.5 (for the smaller mugs), yes they will have handles, but need a handle puller or figure out a good way to throw them.

8660A062-2848-4EAF-A860-8D88559CD6EF.jpeg 7CE0C4C1-E521-4573-80D1-C3FE5B5014EA.jpeg

Tumey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need a handle puller or figure out a good way to throw them.
Okay Sarah.... So you and everyone else can giggle & poke fun at me for suggesting this. Lol. Remember that cake you’d decorated and shared pics of with us awhile back? It may be possible with the right tip to squeeze out ropes from your piping bag and form handles for the mugs. I know I’m a dork right?? Lol.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay Sarah.... So you and everyone else can giggle & poke fun at me for suggesting this. Lol. Remember that cake you’d decorated and shared pics of with us awhile back? It may be possible with the right tip to squeeze out ropes from your piping bag and form handles for the mugs. I know I’m a dork right?? Lol.

Hello,

Oh holy jumpin jack flash I never thought of that and what a neat idea. I totally didn’t even consider it. I’m hoping I can squeeze clay through it thats thick enough for a handle but I’m sooooooo gonna try it. Definitely not a dork, but genius works.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day.

I was wondering how you are doing. I am liking the pottery :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day.

I was wondering how you are doing. I am liking the pottery :)

Hello,

I’ve been here just quiet is all and just finding me. Loving the wood work and how’s your tank. Mine is being a brat so I’m working on it. The pottery keeps me from going stir crazy and it’s coming out pretty good I think. Haven't been in the pottery scene for a while. But it was nice to have fun with it again.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back