Valentini puffer and corals?

Joshua Kerstetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank was a 40 gallon, and only had soft corals, and my valentini puffer never touched any of them. I upgraded to a 220 and that same puffer was moved over to the new tank, which had an even larger assortment of soft corals and many other types and he never touched anything. Unfortunately he got spooked one night and jumped before I had my lids constructed. He died and was later replaced and even he successor has never touched a coral.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank was a 40 gallon, and only had soft corals, and my valentini puffer never touched any of them. I upgraded to a 220 and that same puffer was moved over to the new tank, which had an even larger assortment of soft corals and many other types and he never touched anything. Unfortunately he got spooked one night and jumped before I had my lids constructed. He died and was later replaced and even he successor has never touched a coral.

thx, Joshua. You give me hope. :D

Andrew.oh17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had ours for about 5 years before he jumped and I found him on the ground about 6 months ago. He wouldn't touch any soft corals, but would periodically nip at the montipora, especially when I would add a new frag in the system. He was always coming over for a taste. For the longest time I thought he was nipping at our acans, but it turned out to be a combination of our foxface and fowler tang doing the damage.

These guys have awesome personality and he was always up towards the top looking for food. Good luck.

equinox87uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 year old valentini puffer is a sweet little thing! Never bothered the coral, shrimp or crabs….can’t have snails though! He does enjoy eating snails - even follows me when I clean the sand encase any little snails get turned over to the surface. Other than that he’s a great little guy with a wonderful character

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back