Vanadium... ***?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread, but perhaps a new idea to consider, most titanium alloys contain vanadium at some level, and as the titanium alloy breaks down in your tank (yes it does that slowly) it can liberate some of vanadium also contained in it. Many chillers and heaters use titanium, and stray voltage in your tank can cause the titanium to break down faster. just a thought, but might be worth considering :) Unless your critters seem distressed I don't think it is worth worrying. I would be surprised if it would accumulate to any harmful levels if you still occasionally are removing some of it through water changes.

cliff076

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have high vanadium. I read where aquaroche is believed to leach vanadium. I do have a large piece of aquaroche in my tank so I assumed it was from that. I don't know if any of the other ceramic structures are known to do this.
I have recently found high vanadium “icp test” I also have a lot of aquaroche in my tank. Has anyone proven that aquaroche does in deed leach vanadium into the water?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back