Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good!

You have to keep this going as a reef tank! All this work so far.

I prob missed it, but what makes you want to go FOWLR anyway? It's the same amount of work (minus dosing), but without all the beautiful biodiversity that reefs create :)
Non reef Wimpy lights make for a lot less coraline algae, stuborn green algae, and magnet swipes, scrapers etc, wreck havac on my wrists. Tank is 30" deep. I have to beg my family to help with it. AND NOBODY ENJOYS KEEPING THE FRONT ACRYLIC PANEL CLEAN. ;Shifty

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Victoria, Your tank rebuild is looking great, I will be following along. Love the Disney family picture, I'm a DVC and Platinum Annual pass holder The Beach Club is my home away from home, love that it's only a bit over an hour drive.
I am so happy you came to visit my thread. Thank you for the compliment.
I remember that we both love Beach Club! Did you recognize Yacht Club in the back ground of that picture? That was our last family trip in 2016. We are long over do...:( Sad that we can not go for a bit longer as my oldest offsprings college tuition is eating up our Disney budget. Don't forget that I want (need) a longer fish video!

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following along this thread for quite a while. Enjoy reading the comments and watching your very focused and slow approach. I'm in the middle of building up a replacement tank and I've been taking it slow, but it's hard..... really chomping at the bit, so totally respect your patience.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following along this thread for quite a while. Enjoy reading the comments and watching your very focused and slow approach. I'm in the middle of building up a replacement tank and I've been taking it slow, but it's hard..... really chomping at the bit, so totally respect your patience.
Thank you for following along, and sharing your kind words. I find them very inspirational. I will find your thread. I have learned to enjoy the QT process, and that helps.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh oh oh!!!!! I can't wait to hear what you think of these! I've thought of adding 2 of them to my system to run at night.
Simon gave them a thumbs up for performance vs cost for his initial thoughts on it. So here I am. I am pretty excited about it. My acrylic is 3/4" thick and it says good for glass for 5/8", just a wee bit worried it might not hold. But I do have a couple strong magnets I can add. My other magnetic holders with the same limitations have done well, so I am not terribly concerned. 18 month guarantee? That is awesome. I will of course update you on the performance.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you also follow cavemans thread...remember the picture of the harlequin shrimp I posted for wally? This little add showed up on my yahoo news feed. I have some scary cookies on my phone...
IMG_3652.PNG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My middle son made a statement about how he wants plants in his house when he grows up. So I am gonna try an indoor plant again. I used to kill them.
You know you can get them in plastic, right? Much easier to care for. ;)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 127 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back